Chapter 009

▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾

Nicole ||

"So...you and Brock are like besties now?" my sister teased as I took a sip of my water and shook my head.

"I don't know what we are, Brianna," a part of me was disappointed that I haven't heard from Brock in a few days, but I never took him as a texter or a person who would call just to chat so I brushed it off.

We were currently in route to John and I's place to get my stuff out of there and I was silently praying that my ex-fiancé wasn't home. I couldn't face him yet because I didn't know how I would react.

The car finally pulled into our familiar drive way and I cursed under my breath at the familiar vehicle in front of the house. He was home.

"We can come back..." Brie commented, noticing the uneasy situation in front of us.

I quickly shook my head, "I'm fearless remember?" She gave me a soft smile as she unbuckled before I stopped her, "Let me go in first. I'll text you when to come help me."

My twin nodded and pulled me into a hug. I stepped outside and sucked in my breath before heading towards the door and unlocking it. Twisting the door open, I slipped inside and looked around. A wave of sadness and uncomfortableness washed over me as I leaned against the door to close it. This didn't feel like my home anymore. The funny thing was that Brock's home felt more like my home than this place.

"Nicole?"

Fuck.

"Nicole?" he repeated, appearing from the other room and looking at me, "You're back."

"I'm about to pack and leave," I muttered, refusing to look at him as I debated running back out the door.

He sighed and began walking towards me which caused me to tense up, "Please don't. Can we talk?"

"I don't want to talk right now. I just want to get some shit and leave. I'll come back for the rest later," I remarked in a bitter tone. I wanted this conversation to be over. The one thing I wanted right now was Brock.

"I can't let you leave, Nicole," John grabbed my hand before I could pull away and held it up, "I got you this ring because you and I were supposed to prove that we could get through anything together. The toughest battles. My stupidity. You're supposed to battle through this with me and it'll get better."

A part of a me was taken back. Did he really expect me to just get over the fact that he slept with someone else? I almost let out an obnoxious laugh as I shook my head, "You're an idiot."

His eyes widened slightly as he looked offended by my words, "What?"

"You cheated on me, John!" my voice was getting louder as my eyes began to sting with the hot water of my tears filling up inside, "How am I supposed to even look at you now?!"

"Because I love you. I have been there for you through so much. When we met, you were heartbroken because of Nick. I helped you. You owe me," he began, "And you begged and begged me to get married to you and I finally fucking propose in front of millions of people. You can't go back now. I will make sure your career is done. You will be finished here."

My mouth dropped. Was he threatening me? This was not the John Cena I knew. Who was this man?

"I..." I started but I couldn't find the words to form a sentence.

"You're staying with me. Now text Brie and say that you figured shit out and to go home. We are going to work this shit out, okay?" John demanded as I slowly nodded - still in shock by everything.

I sent Brie a quick text with John looking over my shoulder to make sure I worded things to his standards. She gave me a quick approval reply and I watched her car pull out of the driveway. I was stuck here whether I liked it or not. My dream, my career was on the line and I felt so powerless.

"How can I fix this?" his voice broke me from my thoughts.

Closing my eyes, I ran my hands through my fingers, "I don't know. Can I just go take a nap and we can figure this out later?"

It took a second but he reluctantly agreed and I hurried to one of our guest rooms and locked the door. Tears flooding out of my eyes as I sat on the edge of the bed. This was horrible and I just felt so defeated. As I was pulling out my phone to text Brie what was really going on, my phone began vibrating showing that someone was calling. That someone was Brock. The last thing I wanted to do was tell him what was going on. He would instantly drive over here and more than likely beat the shit out of John. Even though this was going to hurt, I had to lie.

Brock ||

"Hello?"

A smile crept on my face as I heard the voice of the woman who I had been missing so fucking much which was unusual for me. I haven't had feelings like this for anyone and it was a little intimidating to think about it which is why I avoided it, but the beast caught feelings for Nikki fucking Bella.

"Hey," I greeted, "When can I get that key back?" I was mainly using this as an excuse to see her and was hoping she would catch on.

"Um, I-I can try to give it to you backstage at Raw?" her voice cracked slightly which caused me to raise an eyebrow.

Was she crying?

"What's wrong?" I questioned, leaning against the wall.

She sighed which I was hoping meant that she wouldn't lie and that she would just tell me. "I'm at Joh...our house. He wants to fix things and—"

"And you're going to." I cut her off, clenching my fists at the fact that she said it was their house.

"B-Brock. It's complicated, I'm engaged and that's all I wanted and I finally have it," her voice replied in almost a whisper. There was something she wasn't telling me and it was really started to piss me off.

"Whatever, Nicole. If you want to be fucking stupid then that's your own fucking problem, he's a shithead and you better hope I don't see him at Raw tomorrow night, princess."

I threw the phone across the room and watched it shatter into pieces. Another reason why I don't spend so much on expensive phones. Whatever was going on between her and Cena was making me sick. I cursed myself for having feelings for her and actually thinking she gave a damn about me.

A/N
hope y'all are liking the story so far c: