Chapter 038

"He said let's get married tomorrow?" my sister repeated as I filled her in with the shocking comment that Brock had left me with before he headed off to his locker room. 

I nodded, chewing on my bottom lip as I paced back and forth. This is what I wanted, but why does it feel so strange? Not a bad strange, but a good strange. This was so unlike me and my sister knew it. 

"So...what are you going to do, Nicole?" Brie questioned me again as I had hoped that she wouldn't ask me that question. 

"I don't know, Brianna, I need to think," I responded as she gave me a soft smile before pulling me into a hug.

"I know you'll make the right choice," she mumbled, rubbing my back softly before heading out the door.

I fell back onto my couch in the locker room and it wasn't two seconds before I heard a knock on the door. Fuck. Maybe if I stay quiet no one will come in? Wrong. The door slowly pushed open and in walked someone who I least expected. 

"John?" I raised my eyebrows as my former love entered the room and closed the door behind him.

"Nicole."

There was an awkward silence in the air as no one said anything. We just stared at one another for a minute. I didn't know what he was doing here considering everything that has happened between us these last few weeks. 

"Brie came to me..." he awkwardly shuffled as he slipped his hands in his pockets. I knew he was having a rough night after just getting destroyed by the Undertaker. 

I felt my cheeks flush as I heard that my sister was behind this reconciliation between us. "Oh?" I crossed my arms, "And what did my lovely sister say to you?"

He chuckled slightly, "I think you know. Nicole, I don't want my mistakes to ruin you from...er...well Brock." My mouth dropped slightly, was this really happening? Before I had the chance to speak, he continued, "I think you should do it. I see the way you are around him. It's a way that I have never once seen you around me in all the years we were together."

"John..."I started, feeling a slight pang of guilt, "I..."

"Don't worry, I'm not upset about it, trust me. You two are great for one another. I have never seen Lesnar so happy...and I have known him for almost twenty years, Nicole. I know in your heart that marrying him is the right thing to do. I know you probably don't want to do it tomorrow though since you have always wanted a big, beautiful wedding," he teased, giving me a small smile. 

I matched his small smile, "Thank you, John. This really means the world to me."

"You're welcome, kiddo," he commented as he nodded to me before heading out the door, "Brock," I heard him greet the beast who was about to head inside my locker room as well.

"Cena....?" I watched his jaw clench as I mentally slapped myself. He was probably thinking the worst right now. 

"Don't worry, Brock. She's all yours. I want you two to be together and I want you to take care of her and be happy. I'm rooting for you both," John commented, patting the back of his shoulder politely before walking off down the hallway. 

Brock looked absolutely shocked before he shook his head to hide his amazement at what had just happened. He entered my room and closed the door behind him. 

"Baby..." he started as he headed towards me. 

I stopped what he was about to say by slamming my lips against his hard, "I love you, I love you, I love you so much."

He chuckled as he wrapped his arms around my waist tightly, "I love you, too. Sorry if I freaked you out."

"I want to marry you, Brock. I just don't know about tomorrow," I giggled, "But I want to marry you."

"Really?" my boyfriend asked, trying to contain his growing smile.

"Yes, beast," I smiled.

To my surprise, Brock reached into his pocket and got down on one knee. 

"Wha..."

I was more shocked by the fact that he already had a ring. We hadn't even been together that long.

"Nicole, will you marry me?" he questioned, opening up the ring holder slowly revealing the most beautiful diamond ring I had ever seen. 

"Brock...how...what..." I felt my eyes welling up as I wasn't expecting a ring. I was expecting any of this tonight. 

"I got it almost two days after being with you, baby. When you know you know..." I saw his face turning red slowly as he avoiding eye contact. 

I leaned down and kissed him, pulling him up in the proccess. "Yes. Yes, I will marry you, Brock Lesnar."