Chapter 012

▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾

Nikki ||

After my segment ended, John demanded that we head back home since he had already finished his match prior to me coming out. I hated the fact that I couldn't spend time with my friends — or Brock. I hated seeing the slight hurt in his eyes when he yelled at me earlier. The fact that he thinks that I just led him on crushed me because I actually did care for the beast.

All I wanted to do was see him and I couldn't because I was stuck in a house with John Cena. My eyes drifted to my ring finger and looked at what seemed like a foreign object. I couldn't marry this man - I need to get out.

Thankfully John was in the shower so I quickly ran to the closet and found a bag and shoved various clothing items in it before running out the door and hopping into my car. I pulled my phone out and texted John saying my mom needed me and sped out of the driveway.

The time read that it was 20 minutes before Raw ended and if I was lucky, Brock was still there.

Brock

I tucked the note in my pocket that Nikki wrote me and headed towards the parking garage to the rental car that Paul had arranged for us. We had a few days off before it got crazy for Wrestlemania so I decided to head back home.

The driver placed the luggages into the truck and closed it while Paul hopped into the front.

Before I could even open the door, I heard my name being called from a distance and the sound of heels running towards me. I shot my head towards the direction of the noise and smiled. It was Nikki.

"Nicole?" I questioned, walking towards him as she approached me slightly out of breath.

"Fuck. Never run in heels," she huffed, "Can I come with you?"

I guess she saw the intense confusion in my face because she spoke again, "I miss you and I just, I dunno, need an escape?"

A chuckle slipped passed my lips, "An escape from your fiancé?"

She shuddered at the word which caused me to raise an eyebrow. I was silently hoping that she would explain what the fuck was going on later.

"Sure, c'mon," I grabbed her bag and slipped my hand into hers which caused her to smile slightly. I missed her smile so damn much.

"Thank you," she whispered as I opened the door for her.

"Miss Bella? Will you be joining us?" Paul asked from the front seat which caused me to roll my eyes.

"Obviously," I snapped back causing Nikki to giggle and Paul to smirk slightly.

"Alrighty then. Driver, to the airport!"

✖ ✖✖✖✖✖✖
Nikki

After a few hours, we pulled up to the familiar house that I was in a week ago and a sense of relief and happiness flushed through me. Being at John's just felt like a prison and I was miserable so the fact that I was somewhere that I wanted to be made me feel amazing.

Brock sensed that I was happy to be here since he wrapped an arm around my shoulders as we walked inside, "Welcome back ho—"

He stopped himself before he could finish the word home which caused his face to turn a slight shade a red, "I mean, welcome back."

I giggled and fell back on the couch, "Thank you for letting me come back."

He nodded as he sat down beside me and gave me a concerned look.

"What?" I questioned as I raised my eyebrows.

"Nicole, what's going on?" he sighed as he looked away from me, "What you said earlier about rules or some shit?"

I felt my sense of comfort slowly slip away as John's words filled my head, "Can we just forget about it? I'm really tired."

"No, we can't. I'm not playing games right now, what the fuck is going on?" He gritted through his teeth, obviously aggravated at my answer.

I had to come up with something quick. If I tell Brock, he will kill John. He's notorious for backstage altercations when he's pissed and this would surely set him off. Then John would blame me and bye bye career.

I sucked in my breath, "I signed an agreement when I moved in with John about how if we broke up, he gets everything and I can't take anything and I just don't have time to look for a house so I'm trying to suck it up

I sucked in my breath, "I signed an agreement when I moved in with John about how if we broke up, he gets everything and I can't take anything and I just don't have time to look for a house so I'm trying to suck it up..."

"Stay with me." He commented rather quickly.

"W-What?" I choked out, not expecting this answer at all.

"Stay with me. Leave him and come stay with me, baby. Everything will be okay after that, I promise..." He commented softly.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"Brock, I can't! This is your house, you don't want someone like me filling up your house with all my shit..." I rambled as he rolled his eyes.

"Think about it, okay?" he caressed my cheek with his thumb, "I just don't want you with a fucking sleaze like that. I want you with me."

My heart warmed up at his words as I looked down, smiling. I wanted him so bad but I just couldn't tell him what was really going on. I focused my attention back to him and pressed my lips against him as I slid my hands under his shirt and rested them against his chest.

"I want you, too."