Chapter 014

▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾

Nikki ||

After our moment outside, Brock decided to go run some errands or something to leave Brie and I with some privacy which I appreciated so much. She would be here any minute now and I wasn't sure how to approach what was going on. I couldn't keep living like this and I wanted my life back and under my control.

It wasn't long before I heard a knock on the door and saw that my twin was here.

"Hey," I greeted her as she took in the place before stepping in.

"So this is the Beast's Lair," she teased as I shook my head while was she stepped inside, "Where is he?"

"He went to go run errands," I closed the door and we walked into the living room.

Brie continued to glance around before her eyes finally settled on mine as we sat down, "So what's so important that you needed me?"

I looked down at my hands and chewed on my bottom lip. I was fucked no matter what, but I had to tell someone.

"Brie, John is blackmailing me," I whispered.

She raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean...?"

"He cheated on me. Multiple times and when we went to get my stuff, he told me I couldn't leave him or he would make sure my career was over and spread all these bullshit lies about me like I was only using him for fame, which you know everyone thinks so already, and I'm sure he would do something that would affect you or even Bryan! I just -- he said I owed him for 'saving' me from Nick and I forced him to propose..." my voice trailed off as I found tears welling up in my eyes.

Brie sat there in shock for what seemed like eternity. Her eyes widened as she searched her mind for what to say next.

"Nicole...how do we fix this?" she finally responded, reaching out for my hand and grabbing it, "I'll do whatever you need me to."

I knew she was scared because John had such a big impact on the wrestling world and with Bryan finally returning, it was just hard to process.

"I-I don't know, B," I mumbled, wiping my eyes and tightening my grip on her hand, "I can't tell Brock."

She let out a sigh because she knew what would happen if I did, "We have to do something. You can't be trapped in a relationship like--"

Brie didn't have a chance to finish her sentence before my phone went off showing that he was calling. She gave me a worried look before nodding, keeping her hand in mine.

"Hello?" I said, letting out a soft breath.

"Where are you? We are needed for a press conference for mania," his stern voice filled the room as I had put it on speaker.

"I-I..." I couldn't finish the sentence because he cut me off.

"If you're not here in the next few hours, I'm going to be sure to give a nice little speech in front of everyone about who you really are, Nicole," He hung up the phone and my mouth dropped as well as Brie's.

"You have to go, Nikki," she commented, "Do you want me to go with you?"

"No, I have to go by myself. He will know. Just...tell Brock I had to do something," I called out as I was running upstairs to grab clothes.

Brock ||

It had been about two hours so I figured that was enough time to give Nicole and her sister time to talk. I pulled up to my driveway and walked up to the front door and walked in.

"Nicole?" I called out, hoping that me yelling her name would warn her that I was coming in case they were having an important talk.

"Close...but no," her sister commented as she looked up from the couch causing me to make a confused face, "She had to go do some...shit."

"Some shit?" I chuckled out, slightly annoyed that she had left without saying goodbye and had left her sister.

"Yeah, uh," she started and I could instantly tell she was trying to hide something.

"She's with him, isn't she?" I gritted, causing my body to heat up in anger as I saw her eyes widen.

"It's not that simple," Brie tried to explain but I cut her off.

"I get it, it's complicated," I yelled out, "That's what she keeps fuckin' saying!"

Her expression turned into a glare, "Don't yell at me."

I rolled my eyes before huffing and heading into the kitchen and to my surprise I heard her walking behind me.

"What?!" I questioned her as she looked like she needed to tell me something but she shook her head and didn't say anything and that made me even more pissed off.

What is with all the fucking secrets between these two?!

"She's going to kill me..." I heard her mutter under her breath as I focused my attention to her and waited for her next words.

"Cena is threatening her. Forcing her to stay with him or else he's going to ruin her career and possibly mine and Daniel's. Daniel Bryan, my husband, and she's scared, okay? She doesn't know what to do..."

My jaw clenched and my fists balled up, "What the fuck did you just say?!"

I was about to kill a neon-wearing bitch. What gave him the fucking right to threaten Nicole?! This is why she's been so distant and scared. Because she's scared of John Cena. Once I'm done with him, she wouldn't have to worry...

"You can't do anything, Brock," her voice broke me from my thoughts right before I began seeing red.

"And why the fuck not?!" I asked, glaring in her direction which made her step back a little.

"Nikki will be so mad. She would blame you and I for John ruining everything. I don't want that and I know you don't," Brie commented as she shook her head, "I don't know what to do, Brock."

"I'll talk to Vince. Besides I'm Vince's boy," I referenced Roman Reigns stupid promo on raw the other night.

"But John is Vince's golden boy. You and I both know that," Brie remarked with sadness in her voice, "Just talk to her, okay? We just need to be there for her."

"When is she even fucking coming back?!"

Brie bit her lip and shrugged. Even she didn't know when my fearless queen was coming back to me. She would come back or else I was going to get her back.

a/n

two updates in one day woop woop

hope you're enjoying the story so far :3