Chapter 024

▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾   

Nikki || 

"Can we go home?" I whined as Brock chuckled before nodding. I knew that this week was about to get super hectic due to Mania being on Sunday and I had to head to New Orleans on Wednesday for press conferences and live appearances but Brock got to do whatever the fuck he wanted to do and could head to New Orleans on Friday or Saturday. He got away with so much that it bugged me sometimes but I would never let him know that. 

I hopped off his lap causing him to pout slightly, but I pressed my lips against his one more time before I felt his hand slap my ass. 

"You're such a perv," I giggled, shaking my head while I walked over to my bag to finish piling my stuff in it as he laughed loudly. 

"You like it though, baby, don't try to lie," his deep voice remarked as he tossed his bag over the shoulder before he walked over and grabbed mine as well, "C'mon, Paul got us a car." 

"I can't wait to go home," I let out a sigh of relief as he raised an eyebrow. 

"Home, huh?" he questioned while we walked towards the parking garage, ignoring the eyebrows being raised at the two of us together. I felt my cheeks flush at his question when I referred to his house as home. I mean, it's not like I really had a place anymore. I still needed to finish getting my stuff out of John's place. 

He cleared his throat and I looked up at him, "I didn't mean...I mean, I don't really have a home right now so I just..."

"My home is your home, Nicole. I told you that you could move in you know that," He reminded me as we approached the car and he began placing our bags into the trunk. 

"I-I know, I just don't want to intrude."

He stopped what he was doing and turned to me before placing his hands on the back of my neck, "Baby. I asked you to come live with me. I want you to move in with me."

I felt my heart race at his words. This man actually wanted me to move in with him. No contract - no bullshit. He just wanted me to live with him. I have never felt like this before and to be honest, I was terrified. I placed a soft kiss on his cheek as I slid into the front seat of the car and waited for him to get in. 

The drive was going to be an hour or so and I had hoped that he was upset at me for not answering his question. I knew his anger could get the better of him. 

A few seconds later he opened the door and plopped into the driver seat and started the car. His face was blank per usual which was so hard to read. I couldn't understand if he was mad or sad sometimes because he had such a good way of masking his emotions. 

He pulled out of the parking lot and we began heading towards the house. The first ten minutes were silence as we listened to the soft music of the radio and focused our attentions to the outside. I would occasionally sneak glances over at my boyfriend who kept a straight face on the road in front of him. Fuck, he was mad. 

"Brock?" I finally piped up. 

No response. 

"Brock," I repeated, "I don't want you to be mad at me. I'm just scared, okay?"

Nothing. 

He was really starting to piss me off now. 

"You can't just ignore me," I felt my voice getting slightly louder as I turned to look at him and waited for his reaction which was him just shaking his head as I watched him open his mouth to say something but quickly closed it as he decided against it. 

Whatever, I fucking tried. 

I pulled out my phone and scrolled through instagram and twitter, looking at a few tweets from fellow superstars. I loved reading tweets from Kevin Owens, he was fucking hilarious. I found myself stopping on a tweet that I was tagged in. 

heelziggler: I think Nikki Bella makes a FEARLESS companion for the showoff, am I right? ;) See you at Mania, beautiful. 

I felt a scowl form on my face before I shoved my phone back into my purse. Just reading that made me feel sick. He was using this storyline as a chance to get closer to me and it made me so uncomfortable. This man put me through so much shit and now he was trying to creep back into my life during a time where I was trying to heal and find myself. 

"What's wrong?" 

Brock's voice took my by surprise since I was used to the silence that had filled up the car. I looked over at him and saw that he kept glancing over at me with slight concern in his eyes. 

"Why do you care?" I found myself snapping at him which I felt bad for. I just had the tendency to be defensive when I was upset and it wasn't fair to Brock. 

"Because you're my girlfriend," I answered, "Now what did you see on your phone?"

"Just something stupid that Dolph tweeted about," I mumbled, playing with my hands before I felt one of his reach for mine and grip it. 

"What the fuck did it say?"

"Just him saying that he will see me at Mania and I will make a great companion for him," I shrugged as I held back onto his hand as I watched his jaw clench. 

"I'm going to fucking kill him and his ugly ass pasta hair," he threatened as I felt his grip on my hand tighten. 

I couldn't help but giggle at his use of pasta hair but I knew he was pissed. 

"Babe, there's not much you can do. I don't want you to get in trouble and I have to be in this dumb storyline if I want to keep my job. Hopefully it won't last long, all of his love angles don't last too long," I commented, remembering his interactions with AJ Lee and Vickie Guerrero. 

"Love angles?!"  he yelled out, looking over at me, "You didn't say this was a love angle!" 

"I don't fucking know what it is, beast! We're meeting about it later I guess, I don't know. Are we almost home?" I tried changing the subject but I could still see he was seething. 

"Ten more minutes."