Chapter 037

Brock ||

My breathing slowed down when I heard what her last words were to me. She couldn't mean it...could she? 

"Nicole, you can't say shit like that," I scowled, running my hands over my face, "You can't." 

Her bottom lip stuck out slightly as she frowned at my comment, "What does that even mean, Brock?"

"It means that I would marry you in a heartbeat but I know damn well that you aren't ready. Plus you don't want to spend the rest of your life with a fucking beast. You need a gentleman," I began ramble, feeling my fists clench in my hands. I don't know why I was getting so mad. Maybe it was because I felt like she was just saying that shit to make me smile when in reality it made me so mad because she doesn't really want that. 

"Excuse me? What are you talking about?!" she fired back, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around her naked body.

"I have to get ready," I bluntly stated, grabbing a towel as well, "I'll see you later, Nicole." I tried to ignore her hurt look on her face as I exited the bathroom that we were enjoying ourselves in. What is wrong with me?

Nikki || 

I watched my beast exit the room and couldn't help but feel a sharp pain in my heart. I had been rejected by Brock. I don't know why he was so upset...maybe he really didn't love me and was just using me. The thoughts of insecurity began filling up my mind so I quickly slipped on my gear that I was wearing previously and headed out the locker room. I didn't even want to stay for Mania anymore. 

"Sup, Niks?" I heard my on-screen love interest ask me as he draped an arm around me, "What's got ya down?"

Before I had the chance to answer, the theme song of my boyfriend echoed throughout the arena and I heard the crowd erupt. I left out a growl as I rolled my eyes causing Dolph to chuckle. 

"Ohhh, what? Did the beast not satisfy you enough?" He joked, nudging me in the side. 

"Dolph!" I gasped, pushing his shoulder, "That's so inappropriate!"

He scrunched up his nose, "You're, like, the biggest pervert I know, Nicole. What's with you?"

I looked around before I grabbed Dolph's arm and pulled him into a nearby locker room. "I asked him to marry me tomorrow and he got mad and stormed out and I don't know why he's so upset!" I blurted out to the man I used to be in love with. 

Dolph's eyes widened with each word I said and then he scratched the back of his neck. There was a short moment of silence before he cleared his throat. "Do you think maybe the fact that you were recently engaged not too long ago might have something to do with it? He probably feels like you're rushing things to fill what was once occupied by Cena and he doesn't want to be a rebound fiance...er...husband?"

The fact that Dolph was making sense and genuinely talking to me about all this was shocking, but a nice surprise. "Wow...you know...you might be right. Fuck, I'm an idiot. I hope I didn't ruin his mood before the match..." I commented, looking up at the screen and noticed that Roman was busted open, "Great."

Dolph patted me on the back, "Cheer up, kiddo. This is what you signed up for. A beast. I'll see ya later, I have a date!" He gave me a quick side hug before rushing out the door. I decided that I did want to watch my man wrestle and prayed that he wasn't too mad at me. The match went on for about ten more minutes and Roman was kicking out of everything Brock gave him. 

"C'mon, baby..." I muttered as he lifted Roman up for a last F5.

"1..2..3...AND STILL WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPION - BROCK LESNAR!" 

I jumped out of my seat and ran straight for gorilla to greet my boyfriend. It wasn't long until I saw Brock emerge backstage with Paul and his championship in suit. 

"Very nice performance, Brock," Vince commented, shaking his hand, "We sure surprised them, hm?" He commented in reference to everyone thinking that he was leaving WWE for UFC. 

Brock simply nodded and then his eyes landed on me. 

"Congratulations, baby..." I smiled as he pulled me into a sweaty hug and kissed the top of my head. 

"Thank you, baby..." he muttered, "Let's get married tomorrow."

A/N

Hiiii! Please don't kill me for this late late late update. With school starting and work things have been so hectic but I haven't forgot about you all. Thank you for your lovely comments and votes <3 you are all amazing and i love you!