Chapter 027

▾▾▾▾▾▾▾▾▾▾▾     

▾▾▾▾▾▾▾▾▾▾▾     

Nikki ||

The elevator ride down to the lobby with Dolph was thankfully quick and he spent the majority of his time texting people on his phone so I was grateful for that. A part of me was kind of bummed that Brock wasn't the biggest texter, but I understood completely. Once the doors opened, we stepped outside and turned directly into the room on the right which was where we found Mark waiting for us with a beaming smile on his face. 

"Hello, you two!" He greeted, as Dolph shut the door behind us, "Have a seat." He signaled to the two seats in front of him and we did as we were instructed. "Wrestlemania, you two don't really have anything going on storyline wise so Dolph you will be in the battle royal and Nikki you will be in yours as well. The twist is that we want both of you to win to give you guys a boost and a way to get together as like a new power couple."

I cringed at the thought of that. Last Mania, John was proposing to me and we had just proved that we were the power couple of Miz and Maryse and now here I am about to jump into another power couple storyline. Mark could sense that I wasn't too thrilled with the idea so he cleared his throat. 

"We will try to make it seem more as acquaintances dominating the division instead of lovers because I know you two's history and Nikki, I'm sure it is a sensitive time for you," Mark spoke as Dolph looked over at me, trying to read my reaction which I made sure to leave a blank expression on my face as I nodded. 

"Sure," I simply said, "So...is this it?" I asked placing my hands on my knees about to stand up before Mark placed a hand out. 

"Not quite. Dolph has been smart and planting the seeds on social media about you two getting together and I need you to do the same. You're a big social media icon with us and we need you to acknowledge his tweets and posts and even post some yourself."

Ugh. This was so ridiculous. 

"Fine," I grumbled causing Dolph to laugh beside me. 

"Don't sound too excited, Bella," he teased, "This'll be fun, c'mon. It'll keep you distracted and I'm sure it'll give you that push you need to be champ again."

That's all I wanted was to be champion again. I was so nervous because the talent in today's locker room was extremely amazing and I felt like I couldn't hold a candle to them sometimes. I wanted to prove to them and to the WWE Universe that I can wrestle as good as the girls and that I wasn't some has been who gets injured all the time. I was Fearless and if I needed to do this dumb storyline to get a push - then so be it. 

I gave them both a smile, "Alright, alright, fine. I'll post stuff. As a matter of fact..." I pulled out my phone and leaned in close to the blonde next to me to take a selfie. I posted it to Instagram with the caption: Being fearless with the Showoff ;) 

This was sure to stir up something. Mark clapped his hands together and told us that we were done and to contact him with any questions. I quickly stood up and headed out the room.

"Bella, wait!" Dolph's voice appeared behind me as he hurried to catch up to me, "Need to talk to you."

"About?" I asked, pressing the button for the elevator. 

"You and Brock, is that a thing for real?" He asked me, leaning against the wall as we awaited the elevator, "I mean...he's so not your type."

I scrunched up my nose as the door chimed and opened before we both walked in, "How do you know my type?"

He gave me a look and pressed the floor number that we both were staying on, "Answer the question."

"Yes, it's a thing for real, happy?" I commented, pulling out my phone again and seeing I had a missed call from him. I smiled to myself as I couldn't wait to get back to my room to call him. I was missing him already and was sick of dealing with Dolph already. 

"Well be careful," he advised, "I know he's got Sable or whoever still trying to hop on his dick and I wouldn't want him hurting you."

"Like you did?" I snapped back as I watched his mouth drop open slightly then shut once he realized he didn't know what to say, "Exactly. Listen, things are fine between us. Don't make it weird and try anything because Brock will literally murder you. Boundaries, okay?"

He nodded as the doors opened and the hallway appeared in front of us. I strolled down the hall and into my room and pulled out my phone quickly as I hit Brock's contact name to call him back.

"Hey,"  he greeted and a smile formed on my face. 

"Hi, baby," I plopped down on the bed, "I miss you."

"I miss you, too. How is it there? Dolph being a dick?" 

"How'd you know I saw him?" I questioned, biting down on my bottom lip.

"I have my ways,"  he chuckled, "I'm not dumb, I can work the internet."

I hated that I had to take pictures with Dolph and pretend to be close with him and I couldn't post pictures with Brock. I wanted the world to know that I was with the beast and not some wannabe top guy. It was so frustrating. 

"When are you coming again?" I pouted. 

"Soon, baby, soon. I have some business to take care of and then I'll be there, promise. You missing me already?" he asked, causing me to smile to myself. 

"Yes, so much. I have the room to myself tonight. I might call you later for some phone sex," I teased causing him to laugh. 

"Don't you fucking dare. Because once I get there, you'll be having a hard time walking down the ramp to your match," he replied back causing me to gasp.

"Brock!" 

"I love you, Nicole," Brock stated, "I have to go, okay? Paul's here. I'll call you later tonight."

"I love you, too, Brocky," I responded, "Bye, love."