Chapter 034

Nikki ||

"Nicole, come on get up..." I heard a soft voice, moving my shoulder slightly, "It's time to get up, baby." I felt lips press against mine as I fluttered my eyes open to reveal my boyfriend's face smiling down at me. 

I let out a groan as I rolled over to my side, "What time is it?"

"Seven. C'mon, we got to get ready and shit. It's Wrestlemania day," he grinned, hopping off the bed and pulling the curtains back to expose the bright sun that was shinning down on New Orleans. 

"Brock!" I gasped, shielding my eyes with the blankets, "Fuck, okay, I'm up."

"You're starting to talk like me more and more everyday, baby," he chuckled as he watched me slowly stretch out my arms and stick out my tongue at him. "I'll put that tongue to good use later."

I scoffed before giggling, "You're such a perv."

Our alone time was quickly interrupted by the sound of banging on my door, "Nicole!" I heard my sister's voice from the other end, "Your lazy ass better be up!" She continued banging on the door until Brock finally had enough and swung the door open which caused Brie to jump, "Brock! I'm sorry!! Shit. Is she up?" My twin tried to peer over Brock to see if I was in sight but of course Brock's figure took up most of the door frame.

"Yeah, she's up. I need to go meet with everyone to go over the main event anyway so she's all yours," I heard Brock say to my sister before he made his way back to me. "I'll see you at the arena?" He waited for me to nod before he attached his lips to mine softly, "I love you."

"I love you, too, babe," I mumbled into his lips just before he pulled away. I watched as he gave Brie a nod before he exited the room since he was already dressed. It made me wonder what time he had gotten up this morning. 

"Still getting used to that," my sister commented, smirking at me, "Anyway, you ready for today? Have you talked to Dolph?"

I shook my head. Honestly, Dolph had been pushed so far out of my mind that I had completely forgotten that we had a storyline to start tonight. 

"Well, you should," Brie gave me a look, "I have to go be with Bryan to get ready for his return match. He's so nervous yet excited." 

I was so happy for my brother-in-law. This was all he ever wanted and I was so, so happy that he was able to continue living his dream. I know the general manager shit was killing him. "Tell him good luck for me, okay? I'll probably see him later though. I'm going to go find Dolph," I remarked, "After I shower and get ready."

Brock || 

I stepped out of the car with Paul following suit and walked into the arena. It wasn't long before Mark ran up to us and told us that Vince needed a word about the main event. Typical. 

We made our way passed various people and finally arrived at Vince's office. Paul knocked, signalling that we arrived, and then pushed open the door. I raised my eyebrow once I saw Roman Reigns sitting on the couch in the room with a disgruntled look on his face. 

"Lesnar! Heyman! Welcome, shut the door behind you, please," Vince greeted us as he shook Paul's hand before he shook mine. 

I glanced over at Roman one more time who still had this look on his face. Wonder what was up. 

"So, due to recent changes in contracts and what not, we have decided to go with a different approach for tonight's match. Originally, as you know, we had planned to give Roman the title due to believing that Mr. Lesnar would be departing form the company. We have decided to have Brock retain to build an even bigger feud for the two of you. You both have so much potential and we don't want this rivalry to end and let's be honest, Roman, the crowd will not be too pleased if you win tonight."

I noticed Roman shift uncomfortably in his seat. It wasn't his fault that the crowd hates him, it's the way he was fuckin' booked but not my damn problem. I was a little happy that I was going to win tonight. 

"Alright," I commented once I realized that Vince was waiting for a response from either of us. 

"We will probably have this feud continue all the way until Summerslam, since I know you won't be appearing too much this year..." he stated specifically to me and Roman raised his eyebrows at me which I ignored. 

"Sounds wonderful, Mr. McMahon. My client and I are thrilled to be working with you, Mr. Reigns, and we will see you out there!" Paul piped up as we wrapped up the meeting and exited the room, "I can't believe they're keeping the title on you!" Paul remarked in a hushed voice to make sure no one around us heard, "That's great news, huh?"

I shrugged, "Yeah. People are going to be pissed, but fuck 'em. Nicole will be excited." I grinned just picturing her face once she sees me pin Roman. 

"Speaking of...how serious are you two getting?" Paul asked with a small grin on his face, "I haven't seen you this happy in years."

"I am very happy, Paul," I commented, not bothering to answer his question. It was no one's business about our relationship, but fuck I would marry that girl right now if I could. I just know marriage is a super sensitive topic for her right now. Especially today. I pulled out my phone and sent her a quick text telling her that I loved her and hoped that it would make her smile.