Chapter 011

▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾

Nikki ||

You can look but you can't touch

My music blared through the arena and I heard the crowd erupt in cheers. They probably weren't expecting anything from me after I returned in the rumble so this was a surprise.

After I did my bella booty shake, I walked down the ramp while smiling at a few of the fans reaching their hands out towards me to high five. I stepped into the ring and grabbed a mic but before I could even say a word - the 'John Cena sucks' chants began echoing.

"Okay, so he sucks but I don't think Nikki Bella does, right?" I smirked into the camera which caused the crowd to laugh, "Just kidding, John is amazing." Then the boos returned which caused me to shake my head and laugh.

"But I am not out here to talk about John Cena. I'm here to talk about the women of this division. See, I haven't been around for a couple of months and I'm tired of sitting at home watching girls like Alexa treat the title which such disrespect and I'm here to—"

My words were cut off by the familiar scream of Paige's theme song and I knew what John meant from his words earlier. Mandy, Sonya, and Paige stepped out all clapping their hands.

"Oh, Nikki. Just because your boyfriend is John Cena doesn't mean you automatically get a chance at the championship, sweetheart," Paige remarked, placing her hand on her hip, "And to us, you haven't earned a damn thing."

"That's right, Paige

"That's right, Paige. She hasn't. You got eliminated by Asuka at the royal rumble and now you're here crying about getting an opportunity? We don't think so," Mandy commented as the three began approaching the ring, "We are going to teach you some respect."

And with that they dropped their mics and got on each side of the ring. I tensed up once they hopped up. I knew Paige wouldn't do anything cause she's injured but it's still two on one and Sonya can pack a mean punch and although I was cleared, the thought of re-injuring my neck always loomed in the back of my head.

And just when that thought entered my head, I felt the back of my neck get hit with a large thud from the back of Mandy's forearm and I went down instantly grabbing the back of my neck.

"What's wrong, Nikki? Does your little neck still hurt?" I heard Paige screech at me as she commanded her two minions to stomp on my side which caused the crowd to boo in response. My sides were stinging as they continued to beat down on me while I tried my best to fight them off but the number game got too strong and I was still a little rusty.

Before I knew it, a familiar sound blared through which made the three gasp loudly and look at who was coming out - Brock Lesnar.

My eyes widened as I held onto my side and tried to sit myself up as the three girls slid out from the ring quickly and hopped the barricade into the crowd while Brock hopped up and down at the top of the ramp with Paul right behind him, refusing to break eye contact with me.

Using the ropes, I pulled myself up and stepped out of the ring

Using the ropes, I pulled myself up and stepped out of the ring. Brock began walking down the ramp towards me and gave me a small smirk as he walked passed me and jumped up onto the ring apron. I refused to turn around as I headed to the back and was met by John.

"What the hell was that?!" He nodded at the screen which now consisted of Paul blabbering about Brock.

"I could ask you the same thing," I gritted through my teeth, "They targeted my neck."

"Like I told you before, don't be stupid," John shook his head and began walking off.

Brock ||

As Paul went on about how I was going to crush Roman Reigns, my thoughts were clouded with one person - Nikki Bella. Her words from earlier still ringing through my head about rules and shit. Then I saw that she was getting attacked on her first day back so I decided to make my promo come a little early to stop that bullshit.

What made my blood boil was the fact that Johnny boy stood backstage with a smug look on his face watching "his girl" get the shit beat out of her.

Who the fuck was this guy? I had surprisingly seen a couple of episodes of that Total Bellas show and Cena seemed controlling as fuck. The fact that she was so head over heels in love with him while he seemed like an emotionless shithead blew my mind.

After Paul finished his speech, I smirked into the camera and headed backstage. I needed to talk to Nikki to finish our conversation from earlier.

I walked around and saw Nia Jax. I think her and Nicole were friends.

"Have you seen Nikki?" I questioned her, ignoring her confused facial expression at the fact that I was actually talking to her.

"Her and John left a few minutes ago...why?" she questioned.

I ignored her question and shrugged before walking back towards my locker room. A piece of paper was next to my bag which was weird. My heart raced a bit when I picked it up and read the words.

Brock,
Thank you for helping me tonight. I'm sorry I can't explain more about what's going on. I hope I can see you soon...xo
Nicole