Chapter 14: It's Not What You Think....

Start from the beginning

"Winnie..." He stopped walking, which took me aback, causing me to nearly fall on my ass.

"Yes?" I whispered shyly, looking up at Derek. I could barely make him out from the night sky. His hair shade connected with the sky just perfectly.

"Come to a party with me tonight. I promise, I won't let anything happen to you. You'll be by my side the whole time." I hesitated for a moment. My brain decided to try and smack me in the face with comments about the last time I'd been at a party. You almost got raped last time! Stop being stupid! Don't say yes, just tell him you can't! No....Tell him you can...

I gave up and ignored my conscious. "Fine, but you have to...stay with me." I whispered, watching his lips turn into a long smile. He leaned down and kissed me quickly before we started walking once more.

I sighed as my thoughts turned to Andromeda, and how much I'd hurt her. I remembered everything that happened yesterday, and internally regretted everything. The kiss, the fight, the everything. I didn't even notice that we were heading into the dorm building, and smacked right into a glass door. "Ouch! Fuck! Shit!" I grabbed my forehead and continued screaming out any curse that I could think of.

Derek busted out laughing. I teared up and rubbed my head as he snorted and held his stomach. "I'm sorry, are you all right baby?"

"I'm fine!" I hissed, pushing him out of the way and walking towards my dorm room.

"Winnie! Come on! I'm sorry! It was just....surprising!"

"Humph!" I scoffed, pushing the door of my dorm open and walking in. I attempted to close the door, but my arm was caught by his hand. "Get off!" I squealed, trying to pull my arm away.

"Come here you." Derek wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me to his chest. I looked away from him. "I'm sorry I laughed at you, baby. Give me another chance?" He poked his lip out. I hated myself for not being able to handle that puppy face of his.

"Fine..." I mumbled. We walked into the room together. To my surprise, Nora and Landon were all ready there.

"Clones, where's Winnie?" Silver and Andromeda gave Nora a dirty look.

"My name's Silver."

"I don't really give a rat."

"Now now, hot-shot, is that anyway to talk to people?"

"No one asked you."

"They-" Landon began, but I interupted.

"I'm here. We're here." I snorted as Nora stood up.

"Hey, can't stay long, I've gotta go work a later shift at work." I poked my lip out and threw my small arms around her.

"Aww. I wish you could stay, I really do." I pouted.

"Me too. I'll see you later kitten." With that, she left.

I took a seat beside Landon, and Derek took one beside me. "Y'all gotta come to this party with us." I took a glance at Derek, who nodded. I smiled.

"Party? Hells yeah I'm there!" Silver squealed. "Andromeda is too." Drom opened her mouth to protest, then looked at Silver, whom glared at her twin.

"All right...I'll come."

"What about you, Landon?" I turned to him. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Parties, unfortunately, aren't my thing. I'll pass."

We all got ready, then headed to the party without Landon.

----

"This music is loud!" I screamed over the hardcore metal music. I swore my eardrums were going to burst. Derek held my hand tightly. There weren't many people I knew there, besides Silver, who'd brought along Kyle, and Drom, who was the third wheel in the group.