Chapter 30, Part 2: The Melody Ball

*Don't Trust the Players*

*Chapter 30, Part 2: The Melody Ball*

I woke up wide awake the next morning. Derek was fast asleep, his snores echoing off of the walls. I pecked his cheek before throwing my legs over the side of the bed. Even though I only had a week or so left, I was determined to attend the Melody ball. Thank goodness it was tonight!

I had a bunch of work to do before we went, tough. I had planned on going to class today without telling Derek. He was still worried that my water would break without him being there. I doubted that, though.

I hopped into the shower, washing up good before I headed to Government class. I'd been occasionally going to different classes throughout the month. Te less work I had to make up, the less time I'd graduate in. It would be so much harder when the twins got here, apposed to doing the work while I was still pregnant with them.

When I got out of the shower, I decided to wear a new outfit that Tuesday had bought me. I pulled on a pair of sweat pants and a blue hoodie. After glancing in the mirror, I headed off.

Everyone who passed me seemed to stare. Of course they did; I was huge! It bothered me, though. “Winnie! What are you doing!? You're almost nine months, you're supposed to be resting!” Tuesday wrapped an arm around me and smiled.

“I have to be here,” I mumbled. The girl thrust a muffin into my hand and pulled me to sit. Luckily, there were chairs instead of desks in this classroom, or I wouldn't have fit.

“Thanks,” Tuesday nodded, watching me scarf down the blueberry muffin that she'd given me.

The class went slower than ever. By the end, the Braxton Hicks had started again. Derek had told me to take deep breaths and soon, they'd be over, but that wasn't exactly happening. Maybe I should have stayed and rested....

“Class dismissed,” My Professor announced, staring at me as I stood up. His eyes followed me as I waddled down the stairs. I huffled as I touched the bottom step. I was about to walk out when someone grabbed my arm. “You have a note, Miss Shy.”

I raised an eyebrow, but took it from my Government Professor. I waddled out of the room as I opened the note and read it.

One, two, I'm coming for you. Three, four, you'll hide no more. I know where you are, Winnie Shy, and you WILL die.

I folded up the note and gulped. There was only one person that was stupid – and brave – enough to send this. Jarod.

I didn't tell Derek or Nora about the note I'd received. I forced myself to forget about it, and focus on the ball tonight. This was my night. We were getting closer to the end of our Sophmore year.

I waddled into the cafe and went to the counter for my usual choco-latte. Nora set the drink in front of me. “Are you sure you should be drinking caffine?”

I rolled my eyes. “Nora, honestly, I have less than a week left. I need this.” I took a long swig of my drink and set it down.

“Marty, I'm taking my break!” Nora yelled back to her boss before hopping onto the counter and throwing her legs over it.

“Ready for the ball tonight?” I asked, hoping sipping my latte through a straw, something that had began to stick to me.

“I guess. Landon can make me go, but I'll be damned if he gets me into a dress.” Nora's nose rose into the air at the simple thought.

“Nora! You'd look adorable in-” I began.

“Don't you dare,” Nora looked at me with a serious expression planted on her face.