Chapter 18: What Lies at the End

*Chapter 16: What Lies at the End*

You're going to be sorry when you end up pregnant. Nora's words echoed in my head over and over again. Four weeks had gone by....Four long weeks, since I'd done the horrible thing I now regretted.

I wheeled around as my stomach churned. This had been a regular every morning for three weeks. I had a feeling about what was happening, but I didn't want to put my finger on it, even if I could, I was afraid that it was the worst of the worst. I had my suspicions about what was going on with my body. I felt fat, and I was bloated all the time. Let alone the nausea and the over fatigue.

I grasped the sides of the toilet and sickened into it more than once. My throat burned from the constant sickness I'd been having. I sat back and sighed deeply, looking up at the sky. I wondered why God was doing this to me. I didn't have to have a test to know what this was. I'd studied pregnancy for a whole year, but nevertheless, I decided to make an appointment with Doctor Otis.

**

The walls of the Doctor's office were a baby blue. It was the kind that you'd wrap around a newborn baby boy. The floors were an olden days type of cute. Seriously, they needed to re-style this place. There were ladies all around. Pregnant ladies mostly, which made me shiver as I saw how large their stomachs grew. I asked one of them how far along she was, and the reply was 6 months. The thing was, the lady was the size of a balloon!

I sighed and leaned back in my seat. There were people that were going before me, which I understood, but I wanted to get this stupid thing over with.

"Winnie?" I looked up to see a familiar face. My sister stared at me with a smile. "What are you doing here? OMG, I missed you!" She squealed, wrapping her long arms around me. The fact that my sister was a foot and a half taller than me(okay, so that may be a bit of a hyperbole) didn't make me feel too well. This was just what I needed. Kendra here at the least perfect moment in the world.

"Um...Getting checked out," I mumbled, letting my arms slip around Kendra's neck gently. "Missed you too, sis."

Her brown hair fell perfectly over her shoulders. The slightest curl was held in each strand of her stringy locks. Her eyes were the same emerald as my own, though I found my sister twice as beautiful as I.

"What are you, pregnant?" Kendra giggled and took a seat next to me. I let out a nervous laugh and shook my head as if she were crazy.

"No way. What are you doing here?" Kendra smiled and flipped her hair out of her face. She pulled her left hand out of her pocket and slapped the large diamond on her four finger into my face. I raised an eyebrow. I didn't exactly understand what that was supposed to mean. I mean, yeah, she'd gotten engaged, but it wasn't the first time for Kendra. She'd had on and off relationships with every guy known to mankind!

"And...?"

"Well!? Aren't you happy for me and Liam?" I smiled slightly and nodded. I loved my sister very much, and even though she wasn't the best person in the world, she was to me. I looked up to her.