| Chapter XL |

Alex’s Pov (Before the accident) I won't be doing another pov other than Charlie's after this.
_______________________________

“Alex, wait!”

I was walking towards my car when the familiar voice had stopped me in my tracks. Pursing my lips, I huffed in annoyance before I turned around to face Daniel. He was walking down the steps to get to me, a large grin on his face.

“Oh. Hi, Daniel.” I forced a smile and a nice warm girly voice. It’s so forced I end up coughing a bit after. Gotta' love Karma.

“Are you okay?” He asked in concern. It just pissed me off even more.

Honestly, what in the hell did this guy even seen in me? He was so shallow it annoyed me. I hated shallow guys even though I was a guy. That’s why I stuck with Charlie in high school, it’s her personality that made every part of her beautiful.

Even back in high school, just because I was good-looking and popular, the girls in my school made it some sort of competition to have me, they never really wanted me for me; they never really listened to me as Charlie did.

Charlie saw my deepest and worst moments and she still didn’t mind.

“Can I like… talk to you?” He asked as he rubbed the back of his head. Was he embarrassed?

“Talk with me?” I echoed, placing a hand on my cotton boobs that he eyed for a second. I didn’t really blame him, they looked awesome. Daniel nodded almost timidly.

Unsurely, I nodded and he led me inside his dorm building because we were, unfortunately, standing beside it.

“Um...wait here?” He didn’t let me react when he ran up the stairs. Confused, I took a seat on the steps, waiting for him. Boredly, I looked around; trying to pass the time until I noticed he had left his phone.

It was left on the staircase right beside mine.

I bit my lip, contemplating whether I should open it or not. I guess I wanted to know if he’s moved on from Charlie, I wanted to see how much of a man-whore he truly was and maybe she’d forget about him for good and come back to me sooner.

On the other hand, Daniel was always really nice to me; I know it’s just to get me and this fake hot body into bed but still

Looking at the phone just lying there, I told myself it might have a lock so it might not even open in the end. Quickly, I picked it up, opening it to see that it was passcode free. That idiot.

With a smirk, I swiped the phone open, going directly to his messages.

I sighed, suddenly feeling horrible. I was invading his privacy.

But then I reminded myself I didn’t even like Daniel; he kissed my girlfriend and stole her away and broke her heart so that jack-ass deserved this!

I went back to the thread of texts, skimming upwards with my thumb on the screen. There were many messages from multiple girls, typical, but what surprised me was that he didn’t really respond to them back. Every time they would clearly flirt or try to sext him he’d reply with not interested or he would change the subject.

Wasn’t expecting that.

Was he trying to seem loyal or some shit? Or did Daniel the man-whore finally have his eyes set on a girl? But this was when he was dating Charlie, and he clearly admitted he wasn’t interested in her? So who was it?

Then there were Hayden’s messages. I opened the chat from along that period of time when he was with Charlie and was surprised at what it read:

H a y d s: she has a boyfriend man, knock it off.