| Chapter XVI |

Obviously, we got there before the others.

Daniel parks his car a few meters away and I rush towards the beach, my hair blowing widely while I lift off my thin cardigan, tossing it onto the sand along with my shorts.

I wasn’t ashamed of my body as I used to be in the past so when I look back to find Daniel was engrossed in a conversation with Alex I was a little annoyed.

Alex doesn’t even look the slightest bit interested until he notices that I'm watching them.

“Hey, Alex join me in the water!” I call over, trying to get him to out himself.

“No thanks, I’ll just lie in the sun and enjoy my conversation with your charming boyfriend.” He says back, leading Daniel to sit on the blanket. Mary just sits on the sand. I grit my teeth.

Mary was like his evil sidekick or something!

I remove my hair-tie, letting my long scarlet hair flow down my back before entering the cool water.

“Why the hell did we come to the beach if no one even wants to swim,” I grumble under my breath, watching Daniel and my ex—who was a guy in disguise—from the distance.

Could this situation get any worse?

The thing was I couldn’t just walk over to Alex and blow his cover or my photos would get leaked. Also, I actually want to see if Daniel really does want me as much as I thought he did.

Deep down I want him to make the right decision without me needing to be a clingy girlfriend.

I had to make sure Alex thought I was comfortable with the whole situation. That was sure to get on his nerves.

Through narrowed eyes I watch as each wave overlaps one another, sending the white bubbling crests slanting, masking the shore with the transparent fading water. The forever stretching sea is masked with an apricot color, beautiful and flowing into turquoise.

I dip my head back in the water, my eyes fluttering shut as I kick my feet back and forth. I stay like this for a while before I feel someone tap my shoulder.

I turn to face Clark. She’s wearing a two-piece, the bottom piece is a skirt and obviously, it was black.

“You’re here like a loner,” she states, splashing me with water and making me get a mouthful of salty liquid. I splutter and she laughs more before I splash her back.

We do this for a while before I’m begging for her to suddenly release me from the headlock I find myself getting into. “You’re crazy,” I tell her when I pull away and Clark shrugs.

Hunter and Hayden are swimming over to us while Jack is having a good time with Mary, building sandcastles and finding seashells and whatnot. I find myself frowning when I see Daniel is still talking beside Alex who is now on his phone.

He’s probably just nodding to everything Daniel is saying and letting it out the other ear. It reminds me of how unaffected I was by Daniel in the beginning.

I can't believe I actually gave in.

Hunter was a tall thin guy, his body was almost similar to Alex but he had more muscles. On the other hand, Hayden looked eye-widening. Which wasn’t a word but when you saw him your eyes had to widen, maybe even a little.

There were drops of water sliding down his toned abs as he ran a hand through his wet black hair, talking to Hunter with a carefree smile on his face, dimples puncturing his cheeks.

He is always so carefree.

Clark caught me staring and nudges me in the ribs. “Girl, what was that?” She asks, grinning after she clearly caught me checking him out.