| Chapter XXXVII |

I hug Alex, the laptop and camera squishing in-between us before he pulls away quickly.

“Get out of here, I can’t hold him off,” he tells me, and I only now remember Alex doesn’t stand a chance against Professor McAdams. He isn't a girl but he fights like one. When I don’t move, he pushes me aside just as the professor nears us.

Alex punches him right in the jaw. I would laugh at the sight of him doing it in his present attire if I wasn’t scared shitless at the moment.

“Run!” He shouts again. I jump at how harsh and serious he says this. "I can't leave you - " he quickly cuts me off. "Run. Now."

And so I do just as he tells me, I run, Mary already getting a head start in front of me, and we exit the lecture room frantically looking for anyone to help us. We look crazy as we run around the campus, finally reaching the receptionist building since it's closest to us.

“Help! Help!” We shout, the few people in there look our way, but they just stare.

With a growl of frustration, I run over to the receptionist desk. Rebecca looks at Mary and I with alarm. “Girls?” She gasps.

“Rebecca, miss, there’s a fight in the English lecture hall. Please call someone, send someone. Fast.” I say in one quick breath. The sound of my breathless voice and the look on my face has her not questioning my sanity one bit.

“Oh, um, okay,” Rebecca fumbles with the telephone before dialing someone.

“And call the police,” I add, making her look at me with a mixture of apprehension and panic. Mary tugs on my sleeve, pulling me off to the side as Rebecca quickly speaks into the phone.

“Mary? What’s wrong?”

“The pictures,” she lowers her head in shame, giving a pointed nod to the laptop and camera in my hands.

Oh, right.

I walk her back outside the receptionist building, opening the laptop first and formatting it. I'm shocked to find not only Mary but multiple young girls. It's disgusting.

After I finish deleting all the files, I slam the laptop onto the ground. Jumping onto it for good measure before dumping it into the trash bin.

We both look into the camera, happy that the screen was only left cracked, and I start deleting Mary’s pictures. “What about the rest?” She asks worriedly.

“We need some evidence left to put that sicko in jail, I also have to keep at least one of yours so they can believe us, we can tell them you want to keep it confidential later,” I explain and Mary nods. "There's nothing to be afraid about, you're okay now."

Slowly, I look far into the distance, adrenalin still pumping through my veins.

“Alex!” I remember and we both run back to the lecture hall. I find it difficult to breathe normally as I rush there.

We reach the building, the sound of police sirens close before the police car parks beside the building. “Excuse me, ma’am—!” I don’t let the officer finish.

“He’s inside; he’s going to hurt my friend!” I tell the police, completely losing my nerve, but he doesn’t move so with a groan I run inside the building myself.

“Wait! Ma’am!” The officer is calling after me, his partner following after him as well, into the building.

There is Alex, seated on the floor beside a still professor McAdams, a broken chair scattered beside them. Alex is breathing heavily, a few marks on his perfect skin. His dress is crinkled in places, his wig ruffled in all directions as he looks at me, Mary and the officers.