Epilogue

* Erin Ricciardi *

" Y'all boys come on down and eat! " Dad called. I paused the game going to knock on Eric's door. It took him a while but he answered.

" What? " He says, the smell of weed pouring from his room.

I push the door open going inside. " Nigga are you dumb? You know Daddy don't want you smoking in here. "

" What they don't know won't hurt them. " He shrugs, opening up a window.

" Change your clothes and come downstairs. It's time to eat man. " I brush off his obvious ignorance about to leave out.

" Hol up' " He stops me. " You think I should finally ask him about what I talked to you about? " He asks.

My shoulder slump down. " We've been over this. If you want to have a relationship with that woman it's fine, but don't stir the pot bro. "

" How is it stirring the pot when I just want answers? For so long you and I both wondered why we have two fathers instead of a mother. Dad never spoke on her and here she is alive and well. You don't think we deserve some type of answers? "

" He doesn't owe us shit. The woman she is right now probably isn't the one she was back then. It's crazy that you even giving her an ear. "

" She's still our mother. You don't want to know the story? You don't want to connect with that side of us? "

" You know she left us right? She literally signed away her rights to Dad and T. We still grew up in a loving family. Why are you trying to mess that up, Eric? "

" Did you know that Tristian was fucking with Dad while they were together? He basically pushed her out. It's his fault! "

" You don't know that! " I say feeling my anger rise. Regardless of the situation Tristian stepped in and treated us like his own. That's my Dad and I don't like how Eric is always trying to find reasons to pick at him. I can see how it hurts him, but he still doesn't treat him different. He'd rather deny the fact that he has two people that love him for a woman that walked out of his life.

" Shit doesn't sit right with me bro. Dad chose a nigga over the woman he loved. "

" Let's talk about this later bro. The food is done. Change your clothes, spray some cologne, and come eat. " I walk out of the room heading downstairs. Once down there I see Dad helping Tris set up the table and my little sister Emani playing with her doll. " Hey Ugly. " I greet her rubbing her head.

" You Ugly. " She sticks out her tongue.

" I was beginning to think y'all wasn't hungry. " Tristian says.

" You know I'm always hungry. " I laugh.

" Did you tell Eric to come down too? " Dad asks.

" Yeah. " I nod. " He had to hop in the shower right quick he'll be down. " I pull out my chair taking a seat.

" Well, the food will still be hot. " Tristian says, " Let's eat! We got Pork chops, yellow rice, cornbread, and peas. "

" You cooked this? " I ask, looking at Tristian.

" Boy stop playing. I've been getting better. Don't look so surprised. Your old man can throw now. " He jokes, pulling out his seat. " Baby put your toys aside so they don't get messed up. " He says to Mani.

" Can I just keep them here? They get sad when I leave. " Emani says, pouting her lip. That little girl knows how to work them over.

" Aw. Okay... " Tristian says but Dad intervenes.