26: He Can't Love U

He can't love you like I love you, Baby you know it too, And you should never wanna be with a man, If he can't be a man, And do the things to you like I can - Jagged Edge

*Emon Ricciardi*

*Two weeks later*

Here I sat at the bar wallowing in my own shame. That certainly wasn't the way I wanted Tristian to find out about Iyesha. He's been avoiding me for the past two weeks. His mother won't even announce my presence when I come over. I often catch him looking at me through the window. I feel so guilty about the situation. I never should have strung him along. It's my own fault that I am in this situation. This was a feeling I hadn't known in a long time...

I found myself completely disconnected from Iyesha. All of my love and affection transferred to another worthy candidate. I was never supposed to fall in love with Tristian but I did. Here I am an unhappy man with a wife and two kids questioning my love for another man. The bartender brought another shot placing it in front of me. I stare down at the shot glass of Hennessey. The other five glasses sat together near me.

Why was Tristian so stubborn? Why couldn't he just allow me to explain to him the situation. I hated to be cut off without even being able to explain. Each time I called the phone went straight to voicemail. I brought this on myself I supposed. The last time I cried over a relationship was when my father left. I knew I was the one in the wrong but I blame him too. I didn't ask him to come into my life and make me start liking him. I wish I would've never answered that call to come change his tire. I should've went on home and maybe I would be in a better place with my wife.

" Mind if I sit? " A patron says. I shrug picking up the shot glass and downing the Hennessey. This was the only thing keeping me sane at the moment. " You okay? " The guy next to me asks. Why is he so concerned.

" I'm alright. " I look beside me seeing the dude Quinn sitting next to me. " Oh shit what's going on? " I shake hands with him.

" I was just coming to have a few drinks. I noticed you over here looking down and shit. What you drinking on? "

" Hennessey. " I reply twirling my empty cup around.

He waves over the bartender. " Let me get two shots of what he's had. " The bartender nods and walks off. " You want to talk about it? "

" What makes you think I need to talk about something? "

" You in a bar late at night alone drinking on Henny. It's definitely some things on your mind. You may just need to vent. I ain't doing shit so I can listen. "

I kiss my teeth thinking it over. A listening ear does sound good right about now. " You married bro? "

Our drinks are sat in front of us. " No. " He answers passing my glass to me.

" You have kids? " I ask.

" I have a little girl. " He replies.

" You know what confuses me about women? You could be so loyal to them and they still will choose the bad guy over you. You could come home faithfully, shower then with nice shit, and it still ain't enough. "

" It was like that with my Daughter's mother. We were together since college but we couldn't make it work. I'm 36 now and still find myself looking for the perfect woman. "

" I really don't think she exists. " I shrug. " Why do the good women like asshole dudes but the ain't shit women want the good dudes to turn into an asshole? "

" I'll never understand how their Brain works my man. " He chuckles downing his shot. " I'm living the bachelor life right now. Eventually, I'll settle down with the right woman. You've already found your right woman. Your wife is a hell of a worker. "