2: Temptations

I know you see me watching you, and I see you watching me, cause boy your body's callin, and temptation is killin me. - Destiny's Child

 - Destiny's Child

*Emon Ricciardi*

" Baby can you put those right there? " Iyesha asked, pointing to the bags we'd just gotten from the mall...

" Yeah. " I nodded, placing down the bags near the sofa. She wanted to go shopping for some house cleaning supplies, and other random shit we don't need..

" Thank you. " She kisses me on the cheek. I sat on the sofa as she began to take things out of the bags. " So how did class go Yesterday? "

I exhaled taking off my shoes. " It was cool. She gave us a shit-load of homework to do. "

" Aww look at my Zaddy getting it done. " She cooed, coming over and cupping my cheek. " I meant to ask you something to... " She pulls away going back over to where she was. " Where did you go when you didn't come home until 3 o'clock in the morning. "

" I got a call at the last minute when I was about to leave. Somebody broke down on the side of the road, and needed assistance. "

" Really? Hmm. " She mumbles, still moving about. I didn't really care for what she was implying.

I look up at her just trying to play off the tree she just threw my way. " What was all that about? "

" What do you mean? " She asks, spraying down the countertop. " I just took your answer with a grain of salt. "

" I'm telling you the truth. That's the shit I be talking about. I come home faithfully every night to you! I'm out here working, and I'm back in school. You find the tiniest thing to be defensive about. " I argue, clasping my hands together.

She chuckles without even looking in my direction. " You surely just got defensive at a harmless comment. "

" Bruh... " I kissed my teeth rising to my feet. I wasn't even gonna go there with her. I feel like she starts these arguments to deflect from her. " I'm going out. "

" Like always. " She scoffs.

I look back at her clenching my jaws. The rage I have inside of me isn't safe. It's been this way for a while between us. What once started as us being best friends has turned into a never-ending quarrel of arguments. I do love her, but the love is fading. Ultimately, I feel like neither one of us wants to admit it because of our children.

The day she gave birth to my boys was the happiest day of my life. The anticipation of their arrival drew us closer together. Once they were here I could feel something change within her. She always said she didn't feel like being a mother was for her, but I just felt like she wasn't really giving it a shot. When she started to go through postpartum depression it was tough on both of us.