30: Just My Imagination

But it was just my imagination once again runnin' way with me. Tell you it was just my imagination runnin' away with me - The Temptations

 Tell you it was just my imagination runnin' away with me - The Temptations

Tristian Verací

Two weeks later

" Tris, you want to be my partner? " Emon asks, tapping my shoulder...

" I thought I already was! " I reply, shocked.

" Stop playing so much dude. We gotta partner up if we want to pass these exams. "

" Okay. " I throw my hands up. " We can work together. As long as you focus on work because you tend to get sidetracked. "

" How? " He asks, sitting next to me. The class was dispersed amongst themselves to work in pairs. I actually already had a partner, but he switched up last minute after talking to Emon. Old jealous, possessive, sexy ass.

" You know exactly what you do. When I'm on my stomach you can't help yourself but to smack on my ass. "

" Nigga I always resist. " He argues followed by a sly chuckle.

" Really? " I laugh. " You said I'm hungry then proceeded to pull down my shorts. "

" I was starving that day for real! " He sat back rubbing his stomach.

" That's why... No. " I shake my head. " You need to slow it down. "

" Man I'm catching up on sex that I missed out on. "

"Hoeysha wasn't giving it to you on the regular? " I threw shade continuing to write my notes.

He face fell straight. " Why you gotta bring her up? "

" She was your wife. " I shrug.

" Was. " He replies, turning to write.

I think I struck a nerve. " So what ended up happening with her? Is she out of the hospital? "

" Are you being funny? " He asks, looking at me out of the corner of his eye.

"No. I genuinely want to know! " I reply, honestly. The bell rings as the professor informs us of when he expects our projects. We gather up our stuff and file out of the classroom. I walk out of the door seeing Emon waiting on me. I smile a little to myself.

" Why you smiling? " He asks as we begin walking.

" Waiting on me to come out of class and shit. One of my old boyfriends used to do that when I was in high school. "