31: Promise

Nothing is promised to me and you, So why will we let this thing go, Baby, I promise that I'll stay true, Don't let nobody say it ain't so
And baby I promise, That I will never leave
That everything will be alright, I promise these things to you, Girl just believe, I promise - Jagged Edge

Emon Ricciardi

*Five months later*

" I'm so ready to get home and take off these shoes! " Tristian complains, removing his shoes from his feet...

     " We weren't gone that long babe. " I reply. " I just want to sleep. I've been up since 5 AM. Today was good though. "

" I bet it was. I can't wait for my day. " He says rubbing his fingers through my hair.

     " That day is actually coming soon. The first thing I want to do is take a hot shower with you then we go to sleep. "

" You just gonna give me a bedtime. " He laughs.

     " You know I can't sleep without my teddy bear baby. "

" Aw. " He blushes.

     I turn down the road towards our home. The road was extremely packed today for some reason. I looked around trying to see where was the baby shower or funeral because that's the only time I see these many cars on the street. " What's the occasion? " I ask looking at Tris.

" Somebody probably having a party. " Tristian says, looking around as well.

     " Probably. " I pull up to the house seeing all of these damn vehicles in front. " I hate when people park in front of my house during parties blocking my driveway and shit." I park the car as we both get out.

" I'll grab your stuff. " Tristian says, opening the back door to get my bags.

     I walk up the porch to unlock the front door. I turn around waiting on him to see if he needed any help. Once he was up the stairs I push the door open allowing him to walk inside first. I come in behind him closing the door only to be startled once I turn around. The screams of " Surprise! " cause me to jump back a little. I look at the decorations in the living room seeing everyone clapping.

     People begin walking up to me congratulating me on my graduation. I thank all of them scanning the room for Tristian's sneaky ass. I spot him standing near the bar talking to my mother and his. I make my way through the crowd easing over near them.

" My son! " Mom says once I reach her. She pulls me into an embrace. " Congratulations again on your graduation from college baby. I know you've wanted your degree for a long time. I'm glad you finally were able to get it. "

" Yes, Congratulations. I can't wait until the day Tris graduates. I'm going to be there with my foam finger and bullhorn. " Mila says.

" That'll be so embarrassing. " Tristian chuckles, covering his face.

     " Thank you both. " I grab Tristian's arm lightly. " I'm sorry. Can I borrow Tristian for a second? "

" Go ahead. " His Mom says.

     I walk towards the other living room where barely anybody was. Once there I turn to Tristian. I cross my arms staring at him waiting for his explanation.

" Okay, I know you said you didn't want a party, but come on! It's your graduation day! It wouldn't have been right to not celebrate you. "

     " I told you I just wanted to chill with you and rest. Now I have to spend the rest of the day smiling and playing fake. "