25: If You Love Me

But if you want my heart, Then it's time that you start, To act like you're mine, in the light and the dark, If you love me, say it, If you trust me, do it, If you want me, show it, If you need me, prove it. - Brownstone

Tristan Verací

Tristan Verací

" I honestly can't believe we have made it this far already. " I was excited that Emon and I were finally reaching our three month anniversary. He's been such a perfect gentleman to me. I feel as if I know him like that back of my hand and that makes me happy...

" What's your longest relationship? " Imari asks.

" To be honest, I really never did the relationship thing. You've known me since tenth grade Imari. When have you ever heard me speak of a boyfriend? "

" There were a handful of dudes you liked back in high school. "

" I don't count anyone before I turned twenty one. Those were immature flings. I am an adult now. " I smile.

He shakes his head. " Boy, you Hell. " I was actually happy that he was out with me helping me find a gift for Emon. I could just give him the neck and be done with it but I actually want something significant. " What do the nigga like? " Imari asks. " We have looked at clothes, colognes, shoes, and I am confused at what I am looking for, to be honest. "

" I don't want to do the regular and get him something he'd expect. I could honestly get his ass a gift basket. " We exit the store continuing to examine our options. My phone rings for the eighth time today. I look down ignoring yet another call from Brison. Ever since I caught him cheating I haven't had anything to do with him. He's messaged me several apologies and he can shove each one up his ass. I think all of that time spent of him leading me on was a sign. Now he's an itch I can't scratch.

" You still avoiding that boy? Are you going to ever let him explain? " He asks as we sit on a nearby bench to rest.

" No, I won't because he's foul. He got caught red handed cheating on me. " I explain looking at Imari.

" Tristian... " He sighs. " You do know that you are cheating on him too? We are shopping for your side nigga right now. That's the pot calling the kettle black. "

I look at him sideways. " Whose side are you on Imari? "

" I'm not on any sides. I'm just saying I want you to turn a mirror on yourself. You can't be mad at Brison for cheating when you are doing the same. He was just dumb enough to get caught. "

" I just don't want to deal with it at all. I think I'm feeling Emon a little bit more. Lately, it's just been a disconnect between Brison and I. I can't put my finger on it but it's an impending issue. "

" Eventually you two will have to talk. There is going to have to be some conclusion on your relationship with him. If you are serious about Emon then that should have your focus. " He advised.