21: End Of The Road

Although we've come, To the end of the road, Still I can't let go, It's unnatural, You belong to me, I belong to you - Boyz II Men

I sit on the sofa waiting for Iyesha. Ever since she broke the news of her pregnancy to me I allowed her to come back into our home. I really didn't know where she was staying most of that time. My guess would be with her mother. I could hear her rustling around upstairs. I fell asleep on the sofa from being on the phone with Tristian all night who was taking a Mock exam online. I slide on my jeans and my slides checking my notifications on my phone...

I was a little slumped, but she wanted to be driven to work today. Even though we aren't really clear on where we stand with each other. She is still the mother of my children or some form of it. The news of her being pregnant came as a surprise for me. It wasn't like the first time she became pregnant. When she became pregnant with the twins we were in a fairly positive space. Except, she wasn't ready nor did she want to be a mother at that time. It just shocking now that she's so open to being pregnant again even though we aren't on the best of terms. This child honestly wouldn't make us any closer than we have been.

" I'm ready to go Emon. " She speaks from behind me rummaging through her purse.

" Let's be out. " I stand up, grabbing my keys from the table. We both exit from the house. I turn off the porch light and lock up the house. I hate waking up at six something in the morning to be somewhere I don't have to be. It's my giving nature that makes it impossible for me to say No. I unlock the doors as we both get in. She immediately grabs the aux cord as I start up the car. I rub sleep from my eyes as Beyoncé's Irreplaceable comes blasting through the speakers. I turn the volume down a bit side eyeing her which she didn't notice. It's too early for her to be throwing subs.

I pull out of the yard making way to Iyesha's job. The only noise in the car was the sound of music, her texting, and my breathing. It wasn't the type of uncomfortable silence people would die to be around, but the kind between two people who just didn't have much to converse about anymore.

" Why did you end up sleeping on the sofa last night? " She locked up her phone disrupting the joy of silence.

" I let you have your space. I was on the phone handling a few business ends. " I reply.

" I woke up around four in the morning and heard you still on the phone. Those are past business hours. " She says.

" Don't start Iyesha. It's too early to be coming at me. Catch me when I'm fully awake. "

" You think everything is going to turn into an argument. A simple question deserves a simple answer. I'm only asking because I wanted to snuggle with you last night. "