23

xLAOSx aeurghhhh help me.

I stood up, brushing the dust off my clothes as I looked around me. The sky was starting to darken and you could hear the distinct howls of the wolves in the forest, as they hunted for prey.

I was extremely confused. What was that just before, that gold light that came out of my hands? I remembered a few months back it had happened in the girls bathroom. I let out a long sigh. I don’t understand anything anymore.

I knew I wouldn’t be able to keep all of this from the wizards for much longer, but, I knew once I told them, I wouldn’t be able to face them. Lily was already suspecting me. Remus too, but I just couldn’t bring myself to tell them. 

The cut on my arm was losing a lot of blood and I started to feel dizzy. I ripped some of my shirt off and quickly wrapped it around the injury, momentarily stopping the blood flow. Slowly I walked back to the castle, my vision blurring and my steps uneven.

What would I say to everyone when they saw me? How would I explain why I ran away from Leo? 

They would freak out. Well except for Leo and Matt. Matt would probably treat me like a baby until I told him what actually happened in the forest. 

I approached the castle as the caretaker, Mr Filch, was closing the doors.

“What are you doing out here?” He shouted, a sneer making it’s way onto his face. 

I took an immediate disliking to the man. I sighed again, not finding the energy to make the words come out of my mouth. He was about to shout once again, but then he soon saw the injury and the scratches on my face.

He made a screeching sound, reaching for something in his pocket.

it was long and black, and had two small holes in the front of it. He put it up to his mouth, making the object release a piercing sound.

Seconds later, a small, tabby kitten came running out of the castle. He whispered something to it, as I caught the words “Mrs. Pomfrey” and “injured student”.

The cat meowed almost as if it was nodding, then proceeded to run back inside. 

Mr Filch leered at me, opening the doors ever so slightly, so I could squeeze through. 

“Don’t get any of that blood on my floors, you hear me?” He whispered, as I trudged through the halls, my arm feeling numb. 

A few seconds later, the kitten appeared again, making her way back to her owner. The feline was accompanied by the school nurse, Madame Pomfrey, who was wearing a pair of fluffy pink slippers and silk pyjamas.

She gasped in horror once she saw me, urging me to come to the infirmary.

“Oh, what on earth happened?” She asked, supporting my weak body at the same time. 

I grimaced, as each step I took was extremely painful.

“A wolf, I think. Or a fox. It was a feline of some sort.” I lied. She nodded, looking convinced. 

We reached the infirmary quickly, and I was laid down on a bed. I watched the nurse, as she unraveled the cloth, tossing it aside. I saw her frown at the cut. 

“It reached the bone I’m afraid deary. No magic is going to help that.” 

I nodded, reminding myself to take some ambrosia as soon as I could. 

She disinfected it, wrapping it in bandages, then gave me a potion to drink. 

“It will subdue the pain. I’ll leave you to sleep now, but if you need me, I’ll be in the room next door.” I nodded weakly, as she closed the curtains around the bed. 

I sighed, staring at the ceiling. I studied it, noticing the many cracks, holes and cobwebs. 

About ten minutes later, someone entered the infirmary. Madame Pomfrey came back, judging by the soft footsteps. She was wearing slippers after all. 

“Albus? What can I help you with?” She whispered, as I strained to hear what she said. 

“I’ve come to see what the problem was. Mr Filch came running into my office, telling me all about how a student was roaming the corridors at night and that she was going to get detention.” Dumbledore chuckled. 

“Yes, It’s Mia Peters. She was bitten by a wolf I think. Well, that’s what she said, anyway.” 

Dumbledore must have told her something, because seconds later, the soft footsteps disappeared, and the curtain around my bed opened slightly. 

Dumbledore smiled at me, sitting on the chair next me.

“Slashed by a wolf? That’s quite original.” I grinned slightly, sitting up on the bed.

“Well, more like an angry Greek monster out for my blood.“ I said, rolling my eyes in annoyance. 

He chuckled again, before his face became serious. 

“How many?” 

I grimaced at the memory. 

“About fifty or so. I managed to kill them all, so, don’t worry.” I laughed, but quickly stopped, as it was hurting my arm. 

He nodded. 

“Thank you. And, just so you know, you and Mr Valdez have an hour of detention tomorrow night, with Mr Filch.” 

I looked at him in confusion. 

“I understand for me, but why Leo, what did he do?” 

Dumbledore smiled, his eyes twinkling in amusement. He stood up, getting ready to leave. 

“If I recall correctly, he set fire to a certain Lucy’s hair, then later apologized, saying he mistook her for a chimpanzee.”

I groaned. For gods sake.