XIX

Would you look at that! I updated! No, seriously guys, apologies. To say sorry I'll publish 3 chapters. Happy now xLAOSx?

~Sirius POV

"SLYTHERIN!"

The hat shouted, putting Mia's friend in the house of the snakes. The silver and green house started clapping, as the boy sat down next to my younger brother, Regulus.

I looked over at Mia, sighing. She just wouldn't believe me. I absolutely did not kiss Lucy. I had seen what the others had been saying about her. Of course I tried to stop them, it's just... Lucy.

She said if I said anything to anyone, she would tell my mother that Regulus had been hanging out with a "mudblood" as she put it. Of course if it was me I wouldn't care, but Regulus...

We may not get along but he's still my brother and I love him. Mother has never done anything to him, and I want to keep it that way. He's too innocent, even if he is a Slytherin.

I was so absorbed in my thoughts that I didn't notice James waving his hand in front of my face, looking concerned.

"Yo, Sirius. You ok man?"

I nodded, grinning at him. He really was my best friend. He, with his parents, took me in when my mother disowned me. I owed him so much. All I could give him was money, but James doesn't need or want that.

"What do you think of the new kids? Leo and Matt was it...?"

I shrugged. "Yeah, They seem cool."

James grinned at me slyly.

"What about when Mia ran up to Matt and hugged him?"

I gave him a dirty look, turning back to my food.

"I don't care." I said gruffly, not meeting his eyes.

"Yep.. I'll believe you... in a million years." He mumbled under his breath, making me punch him in the leg. He chuckled, turning to look at Mia, who was chatting with Lily and that Leo guy. She was laughing, but for once it seemed real. That made me jealous. Why couldn't I make her smile that like that?

Because she thinks you kissed Lucy.

Oh yeah...

Well, I'll have to live with it. But ever since I met her, other girls don't please me. I need Mia.

I looked up from my food, Remus sat down in front of me, an angry look on his face.

"Do you guys hear the things they say about Mia? It's absolutely horrible!"

James nodded, a sullen look of his face.

"It's Lucy isn't it?"

Remus nodded, casting a glance around the Hall.

"She said that Mia keeps bullying her, which I find quite hard to believe."

I shifted in my seat uncomfortably.

"Hey Prongs, Moony? If I tell you something, do you guys promise to not get mad?"