XVIII

"Annabeth! Percy!"

I screamed, running towards them, my sword held tightly in my hand.

They turned to me, looks of worry plastered on their faces.

"He's gotten to the wizards Mia, he's in the castle!"

I nodded, running as fast as I could, my leg dragging on the floor, a trail of blood following it.

I reached the castle, slamming open the doors as the army of monsters fought with the wizards and demigods.

Bodies were on the ground, lifeless.

"Mia. This is your fault."

"Everything is your fault."

"it's always been your fault."

"Your fault!"

"Your fault!"

I screamed loudly, opening my eyes.

"Shh Shh.. It's okay Mia. You're okay..."

I was pulled into a hug, vibrant red hair entered my vision.

"Lily... I don't know what to do anymore! I-"

"Calm down Mia! Breathe!" I breathed in, suddenly feeling a lot calmer.

Lily smiled, releasing me from her arms, concern swimming in her eyes.

"Explain to me exactly what happened with Sirius."

I nodded, and started the story that had caused my distress. By the end of it, Lily was fuming.

"That jerk! I'm goin-"

"Don't bother. He isn't worth our time." I said, cutting her off. She studied me, before finally nodding, the fire still dancing in her eyes.

"How long have I been out for?" I asked.

"About half a day. You fainted when that Leo guy talked to you."

Leo... Oh my god Matt!

I scrambled to get out of the bed, catching my foot on the metal bar in the process.

I landed on the ground with a thud, giggles erupting from Lily. I got up, shooting daggers at Lily.

"You're so evil!" I exclaimed, my lip twitching up into a smile. She giggled again, before grabbing her bag.

"I have a Charms test to study for, so I'll be taking my leave. See ya Mia!"

I waved goodbye at her, before grabbing my own bag.

"Mia!" I looked up as Leo ran into the room. A huge smile appeared on my face, as I ran over to hug him again.

"Hey! Explanations please!"

--------------

"So Chiron is going to send all the others here later to help, because the war is 100% going to happen, with Kronos and Typhon."

Leo nodded, snacking on the peppermint toads he had found.

"So are you going to go to lessons and everything?" He nodded again. He really likes those toads!

"Well Leo, I don't know about you, but I'm starving! You coming for lunch?"

His eyes lit up, and he jumped off the bed he was sitting on, walking over to me.
I smiled at him, as we walked out of the infirmary, traveling along the corridors of Hogwarts. As we past the few students in the halls, whispers and snarls erupted from every corner.

Leo glared at them all, as I pushed open the doors of the Great Hall, ignoring the now dead silent room.

Suddenly someone from the Gryffindor table erupted into sobs.

"I'm sorry everyone! But as soon as I see her it reminds me of what she did to me! She stole my boyfriend then bullied me!"

Lucy ran out of the room, cuts and scratches littering her body. I stared after her wide eyed, as my heart began to pound. What is she talking about?

Whispers broke out as soon as the huge doors closed, as I walked towards the Gryffindor table, my head hurting.
I sat down next to Lily who smiled at me, before turning towards the rest of the girls.

Marlene, Alice and Mary all glared at me, as they shuffled over next to Lucy's friends.

Leo whistled, sitting on my right. The whole of Gryffindor stared at him.

At the teachers table, Dumbledore stood up, smiling at us all.

"Students of Hogwarts! I am happy to announce that we have two new transfer students joining us! Please treat them well! They will now be sorted."

I nudged Leo, who had a chicken drumstick in his hand as he looked at me.

"You have to go up there." He nodded, smiling like a creep, before standing up to join Dumbledore at the podium.

"And the second one?"

"I'm here! I'm here!"

Someone rushed through the doors up to the podium, a cloak half on his shoulders.

My eyes stung when I saw his face. It was really him! He was alive!

His hazelnut eyes locked with mine as he stopped mid sentence. We stared at each other for what seemed like years, before Leo coughed.

It seemed to snap me out of my trance as I stood up, almost tripping on the bench before running over into his open arms.

Matt was much taller than me, him being at 6'3.

I sobbed into his chest, letting all my feelings out.

"Matt! You idiot! I've missed you so much!"

He smiled, his eyes red and blotchy, as he hugged me tightly, only letting go once he felt satisfied that I was crushed.

Dumbledore smiled at us, before beckoning Professor Sprout over with the sorting hat. Leo sat on the stool, as the hat was placed on his head.

I grinned at him, sitting back next to Lily.

After what seemed like hours, the hat finally opened his mouth.

"It'll have to be....

GRYFFINDOR!!!"

I clapped as Leo sat next to me, giving me a half hug. I directed my eyes to Matt, who had sat on the stool. The hat whispered something to him, before his mouth opened.