XVI

⚠️WARNING! LOUSY CHAPTER THAT IS RUBBISH AND SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED! I SWEAR, IT STINKS!⚠️

The forest leaves pinched my skin, as I ran through them, my breath ragged and shaky. Sirius was what I thought.

A player.

Mar did warn me. I kept running through the forest, reaching a sort of clearing. I slowed down, sitting on a rock.
I sighed, undoing the braid, running my hands through my hair. I closed my eyes momentarily, breathing in the forest scent.

The sound of hooves opened my eyes in a flash. There stood Stormy, looking at me in concern.

"Hey Chief! What's up?" He asked me, coming closer. I smiled slightly.

"Nothing," I replied, waving him off, "just boy problems.."

He neighed loudly, stomping his hooves into the dirt.

"If you want Chief, I could pummel him into the ground?"

I laughed, amused by his antics. That's when I remembered.

"The next full moon is in 5 days.." I muttered under my breath.

"What was that Chief?" I quickly told him it was nothing, before bolting out of the Forbidden Forest. I cursed myself for being so selfish and forgetting about Remus.

I sprinted towards the castle, just as the bell rang, signalling the end of the morning. Hungry students filled the corridors as I manoeuvred through the crowd of people, muttering excuses as I bumped into them. I ran into the Great Hall, towards the Gryffindor table, the pool of guilt I had harbored deepening.

Remus looked terrible. Pale skin, dark bags under his eyes... I slid between him and Fabian Prewett, turning towards him quickly.

"Hey."

He smiled weakly.

"Hey Mia.." He turned towards his plate, before pushing it away, a look of disgust plastered on his face. He turned back towards me, asking where I was this morning. My eyes darkened slightly, remembering what happened.

"Oh, I was just hanging out with Lily, James and Sirius." He nodded,

"what about you? You okay?" I asked gently. He sighed, rubbing his hands over his exhausted face.

"Yeah... I can manage..." A thought popped into my head.

"Can I come with you, James, Peter and Sirius?" I questioned. He looked taken back.

"Of course not Mia! You could get hurt! The only way would be if you were an Animangi, which you're not."
I sighed, turning towards my plate. I grabbed some shepherd's pie, muttering a quick offering, and dug in, watching as my best friend sat down opposite me, her red hair pristine and straight.

I smiled tightly at her. She frowned, eyes questioning me.

"I'll explain later."

She nodded, casting a sympathetic glance my way before getting some lunch. I absentmindedly chewed on some garlic bread, thinking about the past few days.
I failed to notice the two people that sat down next to Lily. I only did see them when James cleared his throat, gaining my attention.
Sirius was seated next to him. James smiled brightly at me, meaning Sirius hadn't told him just yet. I smiled back, ignoring the grey eyed boy next to him. James and Lily started talking, and Remus had magically disappeared, leaving me with him. He looked nervous.

He should be! I thought angrily, glaring at him. He cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Hey... Mia. It wasn't what it looked like. Lucy came onto me, I protested and before I knew it, you were standing there!" He whispered. I scoffed.

"Why would I trust you? Sirius Black, famous for getting with girls, then ditching them. I hardly even know you! Why the Hades would I trust you? You're a jerk, a player, and a lousy person in general!"

I aggressively said, my words getting louder and louder until a few people glanced curiously our way. It seemed they had forgotten about the possessing thing. Sirius just stared at me, before once again trying to convince me of what happened.

"I don't wanna hear it Black. Just forget about it ever happening. I never met you, Sirius Black." I stood up, reaching for my bag. I heard a scoff behind me, causing me to turn back towards him angrily.

Seriously? He pleads for my forgiveness then scoffs at me? What a jerk.

"So that's how it's going to be? Fine Peters, we never met. You're a freak, now I understand just what Lucy kept saying. A freak."

Wow, back to being called a freak by everyone.

I blinked back the tears that threatened to spill, and brought my hand into my pocket, reaching for my wand.
No Mia. You shouldn't do this. It won't work out. I thought to myself, breathing heavily. I glared at him again, before walking out of the Hall, skidding to a stop once again when I heard her voice.

"She's such a freak."

I twirled around, grabbing my wand, pointing it towards the girl that ruined a strange but surprisingly nice friendship. She squealed like a pig under my cold stare.

"Shut the Hades up, you... Oh I don't even care!

Shintagua!"

A bright pink light blinded the Hall, before disappearing as quickly as it came. I smirked as I looked at Lucy, turning on my heels and editing the Hall. My smirk turned into a stifled giggle as soon as I heard it.

The snort of a pig.

Sirius POV

Ok. I'll admit it. I went too far.

But what was I supposed to do? I get angry easily!

Why couldn't she believe me! I sighed angrily, annoyed at the girl.

I turned my attention to the Hall, who were all crowding around someone. I stood up, walking towards the giggling students. There was Lucy, with the characteristics of a pig, but with her blond hair.
She saw me, and quickly came running towards me, her eyes pleading. I stepped back, disgusted by the girl.

Professor Vlandimura, the astronomy teacher, bustled through the crowd, her face red and angry. With a flick of her wand, Lucy was back to normal, her minions crowding around her.

"Oh, she was horrible! Me and Sirius were having a moment together, and she just came in, screaming about how Sirius was HER man, and I had to stay away from him!" She loudly said, earning gasps from everyone.

I felt guilty about not stepping up, but she deserved it, right? She called me a jerk and a player...

That didn't stop the longing I felt for her.

What have I done?

Suddenly, I had an idea. Maybe, just maybe, it would work.

I would get her jealous.

A/N
what a lousy chapter. Rubbish.

Ciao x