II

Mia was woken up near the end of the flight by the child in the seat behind her, who had very kindly decided to start kicking her chair and screaming in her ear. She turned around in her chair to peek at the kid, only to catch his mother sneering at her.

"Maybe if your seat wasn't so reclined.." the woman muttered.

Mia simply rolled her eyes and got her bag ready, not wanting to get into anything with the woman. She was tired, and an angry Karen was never nice to deal with.
The American brightened up when she looked out the window though : She was in England ! London Heathrow specifically. Mia suddenly remembered that Dumbledore had put something in her pocket, so she quickly rifled through her leather jacket, pulling out a piece of neatly folded paper.
In neat green ink it read :

Head to the the Leaky Cauldron on Charing Cross Road.
Buy 2 nights with the money provided.
Tomorrow you'll receive a letter with more information about Hogwarts.

As if by magic ( well, literally by magic ) the piece of paper disintegrated, leaving a quite heavy velveteen pouch in Mia's hands. She pulled it open, eyes widening at the gold and silver coins that filled it.
Was this what it feels like to be rich ?

(from this point on it makes no sense baha. the later chapters are alright but these ones...)

"Sure! That'll be 10 sickles!" He said with a toothy grin.

"Thanks!" I said after I received my keys and room number. I reached the room and opened the door. It was a standard inn room with a bed, bathroom, wardrobe, and desk. As soon a I reached the bed, I dropped my luggage and jumped onto the bed, falling asleep.

I awoke the next day with the sun shining in my face. I jumped up, knowing that today was special. I looked through my suitcase before finding a suitable Outfit. Simple but put together.

I made sure I had all my weapons before leaving the room, bag of money in hand. As I reached the bar, I remembered I had absolutely no idea how to get to Diagon Alley. I decided to ask the bartender.

"Diagon Alley? Sure! Come with me!" I followed him round the back of the pub to a garden type place where the bins where. He looked at me and said," You're Mia right?" I nodded. "This letter arrived for you this mornin'!" I took the letter gratefully and watched him tap his stick thing (probably a wand!) on certain bricks of the wall. Then it started to separate into two until it revealed a bustling alley. I thanked him and started walking slowly, opening the letter. Thankfully it was in greek or I would've had a lot of trouble reading it. Something about supplies for school. I saw there was something else in the envelope so I took it out. It was a train ticket. Probably to get to Hogwarts. As I looked closer, I saw (after a lot of trouble) that it said Kings Cross station, platform 9/3 quarters. Weird. Never seen that before. I kept walking getting my supplies along the way. I was super excited to get my wand and a pet. I entered Ollivanders wand shop cautiously. "Hello?" I said, as there was nobody there. Suddenly I heard a clunk! I quickly put my finger over my bracelet in case. That's when I saw and old man on a ladder. He smiled at me before saying, "Ahh! Miss Peters! I've been expecting you!" I looked at him in surprise. "I'm here to get my wand." I said confidently, staring into his moon coloured eyes. Creepy. He then started rummaging through his boxes before he brought out a thin gold box. He brought it over slowly. "This wand was made especially for you, Miss Peters." I looked at the wand. It was breathtakingly beautiful. It was gold with intricate silver designs on it. At the very bottom of the wand, there was a carving of a bolt of lightning. I gently picked it up before sparks started to fly everywhere. I looked at Ollivander in bewilderment. "That is the wand for you, Miss Peters." He said, smiling at me. I bought the wand and left the shop feeling happy.

Time to get a pet! I went to the pet emporium and gasped. There were so many different animals! There were owls, cats, mice, rats, alligators! I quickly headed to the owl area in excitement. That's when I saw her. The most beautiful owl I had ever seen. She was gold and white, with bright blue eyes that looked at me cautiously. I stepped over to her and smiled. I knew she was the owl for me. A few moments later, I left the pet store with my new owl. I decided to name her Spark.

I then realised I had finished buying my supplies and remembered I'd seen a cute looking ice-cream shop on the way. I decided to go there because it was baking hot and I was quite hungry. I went into the parlour and ordered an oreo and fudge ice-cream and went to sit down. While I was waiting for my ice-cream, I observed my surroundings. There were a few families and a bright red haired girl with striking emerald green eyes sitting in the corner, reading a book. She was about my age. As if she'd sensed me staring, she looked up and gaped at me. I chuckled, this was the reaction I usually got because of Aphrodite and her blessing on me. She suddenly became aware of her open mouth and closed it quickly, blushing with embarrassment.

She then made her way over to me, cheeks still dusted pink. "Hi!" She said in a british accent, smiling, "I'm Lily Evans! May I sit here?" I smiled at her and nodded, gesturing the sit in front of me. She sat down gracefully.

"So are you new around here?" She questioned me, " What's your name?"

I laughed, "My name's Mia Peter's, and yes I just moved here! I'm going to Hogwarts in September." I answered her.

"You're American!?" She exclaimed, before realising what she said might of sounded a bit rude. "Sorry.." she said, embarrassed.
"Don't worry about it! And yes I am American!" I smiled at her gently. "Are you going to Hogwarts?"
She smiled back. "Yes I'll be in year 6! How about you?"
"Same! I said, relieved, "Hey, do you think we could be friends?" she looked at me surprised.

"Of course! I thought maybe you were going to be one of those girls who was super beautiful but only cared about there looks. Sorry for judging you!"

I laughed, "don't worry, I get that a lot!"
We kept talking and became quite well acquainted with each other. I'd finished my ice-cream which, by the way was amazing, and Lily's parents were here to pick her up.

"Speak to you tomorrow?" She asked me, smiling.

"Of course!" I watched her leave, a slight smile on my face. I slowly trudged back to the leaky cauldron, having nothing better to do.
As I got to my room, I changed into my pyjamas, brushed my teeth, muttered a quick goodnight to Spark and quickly fed her before jumping into bed.

A/N

I hope you're enjoying this for now cause next chapter is going to Hogwarts! Super excited to write that! I just realised nobody reads authors notes... not even me...  Okay I think that's about it... BTW for people who live in america and stuff the time zone will be completely different from me...

Bye!

~Storm