XX

Mia POV

Shoot.

I have potions today. Which means Sirius. Shoot! Shoot! Maybe if I just ignore him. Yeah..! That could work!

I chewed on my lettuce leaf absentmindedly, my eyes analysing the Great Hall. Matt was sat next to Regulus and Narcissa, and seemed to be in a deep conversation with the two.

The Marauders had serious looks on their faces, as they too were conversing. Sirius was making big hand gestures, which made me smile slightly. He always had to be dramatic no matter the situation. James and Remus were listening closely, their brows furrowed.

I tore my gaze off of them, turning in my seat to look at the She-Devil herself. She was surrounded by Gryffindors who kept shooting me dirty looks. I rolled my eyes at them, sticking my tongue out. Try all they want, they won't affect me.

Lily and Leo were discussing whether if you ate yourself, would you double in size, or disappear completely. (;D) Leo was convinced that you would double in size, while Lily was sure you would die from blood loss before you could even finish eating yourself. Leo just ignored her impressive argument and continued, saying that he had discovered how to become a giant.

Lily rolled her eyes, giving up on him. She then turned towards me, a smile on her freckled face.

"So... It's almost your birthday, isn't it Mia."

I widened my eyes in shock.

"You remembered!?" I asked her, watching her grin in satisfaction.

"Of course I did! It's only in a week! So, I was wondering if we could go to Hogsmeade tomorrow? Spend some time there and stuff."

I thought about it. It would be nice to check the place out, since I haven't been there yet, but... I looked at Leo, who was looking at me with pleading eyes.

I sighed.

"Fine..."

Lily and Leo both grinned, which made me laugh.

"Should we head down to the dungeons? It's almost time for class." I said, looking at the two. They both nodded, standing up. We headed out of the Great Hall, not before I snuck a wave a Matt, who grinned at me, waving back.

We descended down the stairs, reaching the humid dungeons. I wonder what the Slytherin Common Room is like. Probably cold and wet...

We waited outside the classroom, chatting about random things. Professor Slughorn appeared, unlocking the door to the room and letting us take our seats. Soon after, Sirius plopped down into his seat, fidgeting with his hands.

"Alright. I think that's everyone. I see we have a new student joining us! Mr Valdez, you may sit next to Mrs Clinton."

Leo mock saluted him, then slowly walked to his seat.

Slughorn sighed, scratching his head.

"Now then, today you will work by table, to create a potion called Veritaserum, the potion of truth. I will write the instructions on the board. You have 45 minutes."

I begrudgingly looked at Sirius, who was busy staring at his quill.

"I'll go get the ingredients, you start the fire." He nodded, not saying a word.

I sighed, heading towards the cupboard, where most of the students were standing. I grabbed all the necessary ingredients for the potion, and headed back to our station. The fire under the cauldron was lit, and we starting preparing the ingredients. I crushed the Lacewings, while Sirius was in charge of squeezing the venom out of a scorpion. We worked in silence, sometimes throwing each other glances.

20 minutes of brewing later, the potion had turned a beautiful magenta colour. Sirius called the Slughorn over, who complimented the potion, saying we had earned 20 points to Gryffindor.

"Sir, if you sniff the potion, would the effects be the same?" A curious Remus asked, stirring his and James's potion. Slughorn nodded his head.

"Normally, yes. Why do you ask?"

"No reason. Just curious." Remus replied. Suddenly, Sirius turned to me.

"If I sniff the potion, you can ask me whatever you want. And I'll prove to you that I didn't kiss Lucy."

I looked at him in shock. I nodded slowly. He grinned at me, his face lighting up his eyes. He took a big sniff of the potion, turning towards me.

"Ask away!"

"Tell me what happened with Lucy, and why you didn't stop the rumours she was spreading about me." I asked, my fingers crossed behind my back.

He took a deep breath, "I had gone to the library because Remus had said that a book in there could probably help me with something, so I went there and found the book. As I was leaving, Lucy came in and asked me to go out with her. I said no, because I really liked you, but she wouldn't take no for an answer. Then she kissed me. I tried pushing her off and then you walked in and saw us. I tried telling you but you ran off. I tried running after you but... Lucy threatened me that she would tell my mother that Regulus, my brother, had been hanging out with muggle-borns. I really, really like you Mia. Like, really, really like you."

I was speechless. My heart tightened in joy. He liked me! I couldn't hold it in any longer. I grinned at him, before giving him the biggest hug ever.

"You idiot. Thanks for telling me." His arms tightened around me, and, in the corner of my eye, I saw James and Remus high-five each-other.

"Mirius for the win!"