XV

"Mia, Mia! MIA!!"

I awoke with a jolt. Groaning, I opened my eyes, seeing red hair, green eyes, and a face full of irritation. Lily pulled me up from my bed, shouting at me.

"Mia! You come back at 2 am, yesterday some weird thing happened that I want an explanation for, AND you have 10 minutes to get ready!"

I blinked a few times, trying to wake up a bit. Then I realized what she had said. My eyes widened and I bolted to the bathroom, thankfully no one was in there. Creating a rainbow, I contacted someone I'd never thought I could contact.

Hecate.

Crossing my fingers, I watched as a shimmering picture appeared. A beautiful lady with chestnut colored hair and silver eyes appeared before me. I bowed, my heart beating.

"Lady Hecate, I was just wondering if it was normal that everyone remembers what happened yesterday."

She sighed, placing a perfectly manicured hand on her brow.

"It seems Mia, that my powers are being blocked by something. I can no longer help you in that domain anymore."

I gaped at the goddess, not believing what I'd just heard. She grimaced.

"Mia. Lots of people are questioning what happened. Only tell the people you trust with your life. If people find out, you could be in a lot of trouble."

I nodded, watching Hecate swipe her hand through the image, ending the conversation. Sighing I stood up, looking in the mirror. I am a complete mess... I quickly made myself look presentable, throwing on my uniform. I french braided my hair to the side and opened the door.

Lily was sat on my bed, looking at the picture Lucy ruined. She looked up at me, startled by my appearance.

"I could fix it, ya know." She said, pointing to the picture.

"Really?!" She nodded, smiling slightly. I thanked her, watching as she waved her wand, muttering a spell.
In a few seconds, the photograph was fixed, the paint gone. I squealed and hugged her, squishing her. She laughed, hugging me back.

"Hey Lils?" She smiled, "Do you wanna skip maybe the first few classes? I'd like to get to know you a bit more."

She looked at me sternly, before her face broke into a huge smile. "Sure!"

I giggled.

"Who knew! Lily Evans, (I almost wrote Potter.. XD) goody-two shoes, could skip classes!?"

I stated in mock outrage, making the ginger girl whack my arm, before falling into a fit of giggles. I laughed with her, pondering if I should tell her.

I would put her into a lot of danger. I can't.

Lily stood up, dusting of her skirt. Dragging me by the arm, she walked out of the common room, towards the Great Hall.

"Might as well get breakfast!" Lily said, heading towards the table adorned with red and gold banners.
The Hall was almost empty, but the students that were there were looking at me, scared expressions on their faces. I sighed in discontent.

Now everyone will refer to me as freak...

I grabbed a few pieces of toast and muttered a prayer to my father. Lily grabbed a roll of bread, and, together, we headed out, towards the Black Lake. Chatting, we failed to notice the two people lounging next to the lake.

When we did, we looked at each other in panic, and ran behind a tree. My heart was beating, and my breathing was heavy. Me and Lily looked at each other, before giggling. Then we heard the footsteps. They were heading towards us, getting closer and closer.