28.

Narrators POV
It's been days since Tomlin left, he did everything for them. Chan and Felix would have never gotten treatment or have gotten better. Lucy would have still stayed in that place full of perverted people. I.N and Han could have been used as slaves because they were "weak".

It was different, everything was silent. Tomlin would always start a conversation but he wasn't there anymore. He said he would meet them at Jongup's quarantine zone but the younger ones weren't sure he would be able to get there especially alone.

The group was getting closer and closer to Cali. Which meant Arabella would be able to see her brother again so would Paris, Chan and Felix would finally be free, I.N and Han won't be afraid of being tested and abused anymore.
The group walked and walked for so long, the food they had left was done for and so was their water.
They were all tired and wanted to sleep.

Soon they came across a small town that had small Gates and men guarding the entrance, it didn't seem like a quarantine zone. Quarantine zones had guards with better guns and had uniform.

Paris made a decision to walk up to them with her hands above her head to show they weren't looking for a fight.

"hello, my friends and I just want a place to stay for a while to rest and we won't cause any trouble"

Paris' POV

The first guard went on his walkie talkie and in less than five minutes a woman in her late 40s comes out of a house.

She looks familiar as she gets closer and closer.

I can't believe it

"Mother"

"Paris oh my darling"

She ran towards me crying asking me to forgive  everything bad shes done.

"I - I thought I lost you look at you your so big and beautiful"

"It's alright mom I forgive you"

"Lord is that Arabella"

"yup it's me aunty kim"

While Arabella is talking to my mom I look at the boys just standing around awkwardly.

"Mom these are our friends this is Chan, Felix, Han, and I.N"

They all wave and smile
"She meant Felix is her boyfriend" Arabella always opens her mouth

" awe im so glad you found love my dear, well come on in"

We followed my mom and once we got in the house the boys just dropped themselves on the couches.

Arabella and I went upstairs with my mom and we got her caught up with what was happening. She was just over all surprised we were even still alive.

After the talk she left and we fell asleep on her bed.

4 hours later

"hey girls wake up"

"Han go away"

"leave us alone please"

"There's food"

"What!"

"Im up!!"

I pushed Han out the way and ran down the stairs almost dying. My mom was ready with a plate to give me. I literally yeeted it out of her hand and started eating like if I haven't ate in years.

"you literally almost died"

"shut up Chan why don't you look at Arabella and stop looking at me"

He started blushing and smiling and suddenly had a straight face. After eating we just chilled outside in the night playing with kids finally seeing Lucy get to be happy like she was at the quarantine she was before was heartwarming. we decided to head back to the house and sleep again.

The next day

Arabella's POV

I woke up earlier than everyone else or so I thought I did.

As I go downstairs I see Chan awake I debate on wether to go back upstairs or stay but since he already saw me it would be rude to go back upstairs.

He looked like he was thinking about something and I decided to sit next to him on the couch. He looked at me and I looked at him. He forcefully pulled me by the collar of my shirt and kissed me.

I missed his lips on mines so much and one thing ended up leading to another we had to move things to the bathroom on the first floor of the house. The feelings ive never felt with him. His lips on my neck. His hands all over my naked body kissing every inch.

When we were done I left the room before anyone would notice. No way me and Chan just  had sex. I was still shocked but wasn't complaining.

2 hours later

Paris' POV

My mom pleaded us to stay here but we told her we couldnt because jongup was waiting for us. I understand she was worried but I reassured her that this group protects one another no matter what. We thanked her and started walking to the other gate

"Everyone in the houses now!!"

Alarms went off

No

Not now

I looked at my mom and everyone else one last time.

Narrators POV

Everyone just looked at each other not knowing it was their last time. Smoke covered everything. They were attacked everyone's body fell to the ground.

Most in the group were able to escape
except one person.