4.

Paris pov

James attempts to drive all the way to the city which would take us 5 minutes.
But we ran into traffic.

This guy in the car in front of us got out of the car still honking his horn and yelling.
All of a sudden two people ran towards him one biting his neck blood going all over the car. Those are the infected. The other one gets the person in the passenger seat and does the same thing.

James reversed the car quickly and went another way. We saw a house that was on fire and a family on the sidewalk asking for help but he kept driving.

"James why didn't you stop"
"you can't trust anyone honey"
" but my friend from my party was there"
" end of discussion Lanni"

She pouted and crossed her arms.
This is not the right time to be mad.

He keeps driving until people run out of this one crammed place he drives through the people. Violent i know.

Us girls were holding each others hands.
We put our heads down and tried huddling.

BOOM!

A truck had collided with the small car from the side.

10 minutes passes by

I woke and saw Arabella taking her seatbelt off I had my arm cut and she had a cut going from her cheek to her jaw.
The little one had not moved an inch but had tears running down her face muffling words.
I looked at her with a worried expression.
She points to her leg that was bleeding a lot.

"it's h-hurts so b-bad I c-c-c- can't move it help me"

Arabella's tried breaking the window open by putting the force of her legs on it and with her third kick it broke instantly.
I got out quickly seeing the passengers seat Looks like her father didn't make it.
His chest was impaled.

Arabella grabbed her sister and carried her bridal style. We know you aren't supposed to move someone but right now isnt the time to wait for help. James told us to follow him.
So much was happening one person that was infected on the floor caught my leg and bit me but before anyone could notice I hit it in its head and kept running with the pain.

We ran into an alleyway which led to a backyard to a house and we ran inside.
James shut the door but the infecteds arms were coming in through the side of the door.

"Keep going girls I got this I'm right behind you"
"But what if you don't" i said
"Just go keep going no matter what!."

We did as he said and ran for our life's seeing a few infected on our run but we came to a stop.

"Stop and put your hands up".

One of the swat team's officer said

"Sir we have an injured little girl we need help were not infected" Arabella said with a shaky voice.

He said something into his walkie-talkie then he looked back up

"I'm sorry"

He shot three times none of them hitting me but i heard a scream.

Lanni

Someone shot the officer before he could shoot us again James shot him.

We looked at Lanni and ran over too her Arabella held her and tried putting pressure on her chest where the wound was.

"Stay with me please Lanni dont leave me even if your an annoying sister you cant leave me !! Please!"

Lanni was gasping for air i held one of her hands. While james hovered over us.

"I love you guys thanks for the best birthday ever" it was so quiet from her struggle to breathe

With those words, her body became lifeless Arabella kept on looking at her so I closed Lanni's eyes took her from her embrace and layed her on the ground. I noticed pain in Arabella's face then my eyes directed me to her forearm.

We're both infected