3.

Arabella's Pov

I'm just vibing on my bed next to Paris.
It was half sisters 10th birthday so she had came over. We made a huge party for her and let her invite her friends for a few hours.
My father went out after her friends went home he left about 4 hours ago. It now 2:23 AM, my sister comes into my room crying.

"what's wrong Lanni" i asked in a worried tone

"you need t- to see t-t-this" she was quite literally gasping for air

I looked at Paris and she looked at me. Knowing my sister never really cries unless something really creepy scared her.
We got up and followed her into my dads room his tv was on the news channel under the reporter the banner said emergency.

"now there's something going on in this hospital where people have aggressive like behavior. Scientists have been testing this disease out for years seeing if it could affect humans. It only affected ants and spiders but this disease is caused by the cordyceps mushroom. Scientists say that if you see a spore anywhere you must have a gas mask on, if you don't the disease will take control of your brain and fungus will grow inside. Please be careful everyone." The reporter looked like he was trembling.

Then all of a sudden this loud explosion happens and it scares us three. We are actually not far from where it's happening because we saw it once it happened on the tv. Believe it or not, I was scared as Hell I didn't want to die.

"This can't be good"

We run downstairs to see if my father came back yet but he didn't we checked everything. Paris was about to call him but he left his phone on the kitchen counter.

We move to where the backdoor to the house is to keep checking if he got home yet. Until he comes bursting in through the back door with blood all over his hands and face.

"Dad!!" Lanni started screaming running towards him
" What the fuck is happening"

"Stay behind me and don't move" he says while looking for something in the drawer before pulling it out.

A gun

My eyes had widened, since when did he ever have a gun, i was confused
My thinking was disturbed when the neighbor just ran into the door breaking the glass. He looked disturbing I didn't even want to look at him.I covered Lanni's eyes.

"Grab your bags and put in whatever food and supplies you can" he said quickly

I ran upstairs with Paris and carrying lanni with me. We heard a gunshot and im guessing his footsteps just all over the house. We grabbed our bags ran towards the kitchen once again.

We grabbed everything we could from the cabinets.
My dad demanded that we go to the basement for extra items, the first time we were ever allowed down there.

"Pick whatever weapon you want from here im going up with Lanni" he said before carrying lanni back up to the main part of the house.

I grabbed finger knives with a gun i dont know how to use but i guess ill figure out soon.

I saw paris grab a bat with nails inside

While we walked back up i was thinking whether my dad knew about any of this because why was he so prepared.
When he saw us he waved his hand for us to follow him.
We went outside to the front of the house and saw my uncle James in his car.

Everyone ran to the car and he started driving.
Lanni was looking around outside the Windows while my dad and James talked about how crazy it was.

"James are we gonna be ok" Lanni who was still crying asked with a shaky breath

"your dad and I will make sure you girls will be ok."
She nodded her head.
But I know we aren't gonna be ok.