18.

A/N : sorry for making so many time skips i just never know what to put in between

Paris Pov

It's been a very tough few hours as we keep on running into zombies some in small herds other in bigger herds.
Chan being Chan always gets his anger out on them no matter how risky it is he just wants to get it over with. It's really cold now that it's January the new year. It may be the apocalypse but ever since it started I kept track of the days.

It's also Arabella's birthday well it was two days ago but so many things were happening I didn't wanna bring it up.

Arabella looked a little upset so I looked at Felix, he looked back at me with a smirk we both were about to do the same thing.

"happy birthday to you happy birthday to yoOUu HAppY birthday deaR arAbeLlA" we sang horribly in unison to make it funny and to annoy her.

"you just ruined my peace leave me alone I don't wanna grow old"

"this is like your third birthday guRl be glad your alive"

"How old are you now?"

"Chan i thought i told you im 19"

"I thought you were the same age as Paris when I met you, to be honest"

she's 19 but acts like a 3-year-old sometimes then most of the time she acts like a 30-year-old"

"ok, I'm right here... Whatever thank you for that"

Chan put his arm over Arabellas shoulder to put his head against hers.

"Happy birthday you big baby"

"I know this is bad timing but like Just call her baby you dumbass you know you want to dont need to cover it up"
I smirked when he looked behind to look at me with an annoyed face.

"I really wanna sleep I just want everything to be quiet chan can i get on your back please"

He bent down to let her jump on him, im fangirling so hard right now they look so cute together.

A few hours later

We found out more information about Where chans sister was. Shes in Georgia which is great cause we'll be avoiding all the bas states and all we have to do is go up to D.C. i was looking at the map we had were currently in Mississippi which is where the van stopped working by the way.

It was really pretty here not many zombies as there were many quarantine zones. Probably the most we've ever seen in a state. Chan was looking for a working car playing with wires while we just rummaged trying to find something interesting.

We heard a car engine and saw Chan with a smirk.

"We have a new car" he put his hands up in the air in victory.
It was small but it would work for now, cant wait to meet chans sister i wonder what shes like.

2 days later

"We made it!! Hello Georgia!!"

Nothing really happened in the past two days just eating,sleeping and fighting. Surprisingly maybe 10 minutes down the road we came across the quarantine zone than Chans sister was hopefully in.

The guards were pretty nice and let us in. We asked around to see if anyone had heard of her or seen her.

"I heard you guys are looking for Lucy bang shes about 13/14 years old?"

"Yeah shes my sister" chan replied

" im her teacher ms cruz I'll lead you to her"

We followed the woman to a small cabin once she opened the doors there were desks and many other kids inside.

"Lucy your brothers here!"

All the students looked our way, one specific girl stood up and ran towards Chan.

"I thought i lost you chan" she was crying so hard in his embrace. She was excused from the class.

"Wheres grandma"

" we had an attack last year unfortunately she was one of the people who didn't make it" she looked down at her feet. Then she looked up when she had just noticed Arabella, felix and i.

She hugged Felix cause i imagined that they knew each other from before.

"Sorry for being rude im Lucy"

"Hey Lucy, im Paris and this is Arabella its so nice to meet you" i gave her a warm hug and so did Ara. She showed us around the whole area leading to where she slept.

She shared a room with three other girls, the room was so cute and colorful. These kids were really well taken care of. I wouldn't ever want to leave.

Arabellas pov

I pulled chan back out of the room.

"What"

"Dont talk to me like that"

"well hurry up i wanna take my sister and go"

"are you sure you want to take her i mean look at this place shes gonna go out there with us she wont have a bed to sleep on every night,education, good food, safety like she has here Chan"
He thought for a second before speaking

"Shes coming along with us, i rather have her with me knowing if shes safe or not rather than have her here where im clueless of whats going on like with the situation with my grandma"

"I guess your right but really think about it"

" think about what?"

His sister asked as she walked outside of the room to where we were.

"Do you wanna leave this place and come with us?"

"I would because i wanna be with my big brother, i know you'll protect me"
She gave him another big hug, i felt so bad, for us that just means another body to feed and protect. She really is the sweetest teen I've ever met, she seems so innocent at least i hope she is.

We went ahead and told the guards she was coming with us. She packed her stuff up and the people came to say goodbye. They've been with her for the last 2 years some were crying others gave us goodies to go along the way like food in trays, first aid kits etc.

They had given us a better working car, opened the gate at the other end of the zone and waved goodbye.

Washington D.C here we come

Narrators Pov

Jongup was starting to get worried the Fireflies have changed their location and instead of D.C the moved to California.
Yep, that means the five are now doomed.