Your eyes widened at the words that left his mouth, your hands moving up to cover your lips in shock.  "No.. did she really do that?"  you glanced over to Jungkook, watching his fingers tap on the surface of the table,  "how could she do such a thing?  They were perfect together, so happy and so in love...  What if something happened to her that made her do it?"

The elder placed some chicken wings onto yours and Minseon's plates, his voice low,  "she sounded serious about it, [Y/n], you should've heard her voice over the phone!" he then glanced towards the second youngest, showing sympathy towards him, "..and I feel so bad for Jungkook.. he didn't see it coming at all."

"Oh my,"  you frowned sadly for your brother's unfortunate break up, your eyes furrowing in pity.  He was the one who was the closest in age to you, the one who played video games with you all the time, and one of the many who loved you so much.  You felt so bad for him.  This shouldn't have happened... this isn't right.

Minseon laid a hand on your shoulder, catching your attention as you turned your head to look back at him.  "H-He'll be o-okay, as long a-as e-everyone gives h-him space to th-think,"  he gave a small smile, one that made your heart flutter a little in your chest.

'Why am I feeling this way?'

You nodded to the boy with a forced smile.  Everyone dug in, eating their food as complete silence engulfed the room.  The kitchen was filled with unheard thoughts, some feeling angry for Jungkook's misfortune, while others felt pity for him.

×

Waves crashed onto the sand, leaving seashells as gifts for the children who run and play by the water, and pretty little birds flew through the air, happily chirping away freely. [Y/n] was sound asleep, but her friend was already awake and thinking through things, through everything that's happened so far.

The brunet boy played with his fingers as he stared at his reflection in the mirror before him, staring at the obvious spade mark on his skin, making itself known to him, bounding him to something he wasn't informed of.

"I-It's st-still there," Minseon mumbled, lightly grazing the mark with his fingers, feeling nothing different as it just felt like smooth skin and nothing more.

The boy is confused, curious. He doesn't know what he's gotten himself into, or what's to come.

'Why is it still here? Shouldn't it have disappeared or something?'

Minseon frowned, feeling helpless as he really doesn't know anything about this.... vampire stuff. And he could rub at the mark forever and it still wouldn't go away. The spade wouldn't do anything but lay there on his skin– and that irritated him.

The brunet sighed and left the room quietly.  He headed down the stairs, careful of making too much noise.  The sky was turning blue and the sun shone onto the cottage behind the young boy as he walked down to the beach.

The water was gentle as its waves hit the sand, and Minseon walked along the shoreline barefooted, letting the water clean off his feet, only for them to get dirty again by the wet sand.  He loved the water and it's wonderful beauty. So calming and distracting..  It took his mind off of things; and even for just a moment, he felt relaxed.

Minseon sat down on a nearby tree trunk, teeny bits of sand tickling his feet from below as he walked along its surface.

'So many things have happened.. and sometimes I wonder if my Father is looking for me or, or if doesn't care at all..'

Hearing the waves hit the land was so relaxing, and Minseon felt comforted by it.  It was strange—weird even, but he felt at home here with these seven men and [Y/n].  He really felt at home, like he was truly meant to be here with these people.

"It's relaxing, isn't it?"  a voice said, catching the brunet by surprise and causing him to fall backwards off the tree trunk.  "Oops.  Did I scare you?"

"Y-You c-can't sneak up o-on me l-like that!"  Minseon defended, huffing as he got up to sit back on the tree, eyes focused on the endless sea of nothingness.  "I th-thought everyone w-was sl-sleeping,"  he said.

The tall male stepped across the sand in his sandals before sitting right beside Minseon, a small smile resting on his face as he stared out to the sea.

"It's 7am.  You really thought someone wouldn't be awake?"  Seokjin chuckled a little, feeling amused.

Minseon stayed quiet, only wanting to relax on the beach.  The older noticed the boy's distracted expression, which peeked his interest just a bit.  "Something bothering you?"  he asked, lightly pushing the boy's arm.

"N-No,"  the younger replied, never taking his eyes off the ocean waves, "I-I'm just– I-I don't kn-know."

"What's really bothering you–," Seokjin's eyes glanced down at the black mark on the boy's skin, and with furrowed brows he asked: "what's that on your neck?"

"Huh?" Minseon finally tore his eyes away from the beautiful ocean view to stare at the older, a confused expression on his face. "Wh-what?"

"The mark on your neck?" the elder replied back in a questionable tone, "did you not notice it before?"

Minseon's eyes widened in realization. "U-Um–," he started looking around the area, trying to come up with something to say.

"It's.. It's not a tattoo, right?"

"What— O-Oh! No, m–my Father would p-probably k-kill me if he s-seen one o-on me," the boy said.

Seokjin sighed, "you do know that he can't reach you when you're with us, right?"

The brunet's eyes cascaded down to look at the sand, noticing how little crabs started emerging from its clutches.

He sighed and laid his hands upon his lap.  "Y-Yeah, b-but what if I-I'm not?" he said.  "W-what if my F-Father wants me back s-so I-I can be his p-punching bag?" he continued, frowning.  "W-What if I-I'm not safe o-or, wh-what if—"

"You are safe."  Seokjin cut in, laying his hand on the boy's shoulder.  "Minseon, you are safe with us. I promise we will protect you no matter what," he told with a smile.

"R-Really?" he replied, sniffling quietly, "y-you really m-mean that?"

"Yes," Seokjin nodded, patting the younger's back softly, "I'm promising something big, but I swear I'll keep you safe. [Y/n] is happy with you, and I can't let her lose that because that means losing you, so, trust me on this."

The boy smiled and let a few tears slip down his cheeks, "th-thank you."

♥︎ a/n ♥︎
Guess who's back, back again.
*plays on loop for the next 20 minutes*