Chapter 28 ~ An Unexpected Visitor

When I get to the kitchen I hear talking from my dad and Pietro. But someone else as well. As soon as I get farther into the kitchen I see...

"Oh my gosh."

~~~

A tall yet familiar figure stood before me. A face I have not seen for a while is now standing in my kitchen. The man had dirty blonde hair and pale skin that had gotten a bit of a tan.

"Y/n!"

"Carson!" I could not hold back my excitement. I run right up to him and engulfed him in a hug.

"I have missed you so much! How- how- why- . You're here!" Tears start to well up in my eyelids. These tears are happy, much different from my usual tears.

I turn to my father and see him with the biggest smile on his face. A smile I have not seen for a long time.

"Did you do this?! Wait, how do you know Carson?" I asked my dad as I walked forward to him, ready to give him a hug.

"One, yes I did set this whole thing up. Two, Carson actually found me and the team. He told us how to find you. I'll let him explain a little later but right now you should go have some breakfast." He ended with a smile and slightly nudged me toward the food.

~~~

3rd POV (just for a second)

Pepper walks behind Tony giving him a little pat on the shoulder.

"You did good with her."

"Psst, for the four years I got to spend with her. Then, I lost her until she was eighteen. I don't think my parenting was top notch or outstanding."

Pepper then moved to Tony's side. "You may not have gotten time with her like normal parents do. But, in the time you got with her, you did an amazing job of raising her." Tony smiled and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah well, my character defects just so happened to rub off on another human. I couldn't help that." He let out a sigh and looked to the floor.

"Maybe they aren't all defects?" Tony gives Pepper a gloomy yet hopeful look.

"She got all of your best qualities."

"Like what?" Sounding more sarcastic then hopeful, Tony looks down at the floor again.

"You both have a special sparkle in your eyes when you are happy. Also, you both will stop at nothing to protect the people you love."

~~~
(Back to normal)

Both Carson and I were sitting on the couch talking. Pietro, Wanda, and Steve were out. They would be home in half an hour.

" So, how did you find my family? Also, when did you talk to them?"

"Well, at the time, your dad and family lived in a huge building that had 'Stark' written in lights on the side of it. It wasn't that hard to find." I simply laugh at the outgoing personality of my father.

"He never was one to be under the radar. Or just simple at all." We both laugh as I hear footsteps behind me. I get up to see that Steve and the Maximoff twins are back.

I walked up to Pietro and gave him a hug and kiss. After the hug, his hands remain around my waist with his head reading on my shoulder.

"How are you my princessa?" He asks me while I try not to melt under his touch. Everytime he talks he's got me weak in the knees. I fall in love with him all over again.

" Wanda, you never got to meet him but this is Carson. He was with me in HYDRA for ten years before I met you and Pietro." Wanda looks up at Carson and gives a slight wave and smile.

"Its nice to meet you Carson. I hope only good things from you, yes?"

"Oh yes of course! Its very nice to meet you. I'm sorry we couldn't have met sooner. I really wished I went to Sokovia. As weird as that sounds." Carson gave a small chuckle; as did the twins.

From the kitchen I hear my dad yell. "Snacks are out if anyone is hungry." As soon as the words left his mouth, Pietro was in the kitchen eating and Wanda and Steve were not far behind.

Carson looks at me as he stands up. "You really do have an amazing family. I never doubted any of the stories you told me about them. They really love you." I couldn't help but blush.

"They always treat me right and I am so thankful for that." After our talk, we walk into the kitchen to indulge in some cheese and crackers, apple slices, and carrots.

~~~

Alas, after a day of fun and catching up, we had to say goodbye to Carson. The team was in the living room saying their goodbyes to a new friend. When Carson got to me, we said goodbye. After our goodbye he lingered a bit. He looked at me and whispered.

"Y/n, can you come with me for a second. It will only take a minute."

"Sure, but I think your time references could us a bit of work." The two of us laugh a bit and start walking. We walk into a hallway and start to talk.

"So I know this is kind of a rough patch for you but I found a file on your mom and I was wondering of you wanted to read it." Oh dear. Uhhh.

"No I don't think I will. If you want you could send it to my dad. I just crossed that bridge and I am not going back over it. Thank you for bring that up to me though. That was very kind if you." He gave me a smile and we walked out of the hallway.

"Farewell oh good Carson. I hope for your return soon." I say in a posh accent.

"As to you, Lady Y/n." He says in the same accent but bowing a little with his right arm extended. We both laugh and give each other a hug.

"It really was very good seeing you Carson. Keep in touch will ya?"

"Of course I will Y/n."

----------
Quick quick: please check my message board for a full explanation of my updates. Thank you and enjoy the book.

**Also, does anyone know who Y/n was talking to last chapter? **

- Your friendly neighbourhood Francesca