Chapter 8 ~ Operation break out part 2

Natasha and Clint were riding in the jeep on their way to the Sokovia base where Y/n was. They are so close to her. There was no way they were leaving without her today. They had waited for this day for fourteen years. Thor was flying above and starts taking down the people who were shooting at them from the top of the tower. Iron man was making his way to the Sokovia base to get the scepter and his daughter of course. Tony reached the base and shot a laser. The shot ricocheted off of the base. "Shit!"

"Language!" Cap said through his comm.

Y/n's pov

A rumble surged through the base. Wanda, Pietro, and I were standing at the end of a hallway. Strucker comes rushing in. Blah blah blah ...The Avengers?! Oh my gosh. They are here! My family they are here! I miss them so much. I turn to Pietro with a smile.

"What is it princessa?" He asks holding me in a hug.

"The Avengers. They are here. They will save us. We can go home with them. You and Wanda can live at the tower with me and my family. Isn't that exciting?!" I am so happy I am jumping and smiling. I hope he feels the same way. Except when I said that he looked upset.

"What is wrong? Aren't you happy?"

"Yeah, totally." Sarcasm laced his voice and he picked up Wanda and ran down the hallway. 'Why is he acting like this'? So, I run down the corridor and out the door because all of the guards are distracted right now.

When I get outside I see Uncle Clint on his back kind of struggling to get up. So, I rush over there.

"Uncle Clint are you okay?" He looks up at me with hit and shock.

"Oh my gosh. How hard did I hit the ground? Wait, its actually you Y/n. I have not seen you for years. Wow,
you have grown up so much. What happened to my four year old niece?"

"I don't know but you need to get up. What happened to you? How did you fall?" I ask as I help him up from the ground. "Well, I was shooting and this blue blur whizzed by me and knocked me down." Pietro? How could he do this? He knows that they are family. "Okay uncle Clint, I have to go now I will see you soon." Before I could start running he says to me, " No no no. You are going on the jet with us and coming home. And quite frankly we don't care what you say or do you are coming with us." He points me towards the jet and says "hop on".

" I will just let me do something first. Okay?" I ask him wanting to go find Pietro and Wanda. He nods in agreement and I run off to see where Pietro is.

I find him about to walk into the base with Wanda up ahead.

"Pietro." He turns around to see me and starts walking over towards me.

"What do you want?" He asks coldly.

"First, a new attitude. And second what is wrong? You have been off ever since I got happy about my family being back."

He walks closer to me. "Yeah, I was happy before you brought up your family. Why do you want to back to them so bad? Wanda and I, we love you. Why would you want to leave us? I love you more than anything Y/n, why do you want to ruin that?"

I am starting to tear up now. " I love you too. Very much so. But this is my family, you and Wanda are my family too. That is why I offered for you to come home with me. I finally found my family again don't you get that? I have not seen them in fourteen years. Why can't you just be happy for me wanting to go back to them?" Tears stream down my face as I talk to him. He walks up to me pulls me into a hug, gives me a kiss and pulls away. As he is walking away he turns to me.

"I am happy for you. Just, come back to me when you are happy to be with me. And Wanda too. I still love you princessa." Then he speeds off. Suddenly, I can not stand what had just happened. I collapse in the ground and start to cry. I scream out as Uncle Steve comes up to me. He doesn't say anything to me. He just picks me up and brings me to the jet. He puts me down, kisses my forehead and gets back on the field.