Chapter 27 ~ I Could Never Hate You

Y/n's POV

The new Avengers facility is amazing. The house is secluded unlike the tower. My windows have a beautiful view of the trees and if I look from the right direction I can still see the city. This place is like a whole new world.

~~~

Six months have passes since I moved into the compound. That is also how long I have gone without talking to my father. Petty? Yes. Not worth it? Yes. Trying to convince myself I'm right? Absolutely! It has been a very lonely six months. Sure, I still saw all the Avengers and I would talk to some of them for a moment. Other then that I have been in my room wallowing in self pity while Pietro was out and about with everyone. By ignoring everyone, I am creating a better environment for myself.

But, there was a flaw to it all. In these past six months I cannot sleep, I barley eat, and I am always sad. It is like I am going through a bad break up with my family.

~~~

Late in the summer day but before dinner, I am sitting on mine and Pietro's bed reading a book. When I flip my page, I hear a knock on the door.

" Y/n? It's me. Can I come in please?" I walk toward the familiar voice behind my bedroom door and place my hand on the cold knob before opening the door. Behind the door reveals the owner of a voice I have not heard for many years.

My chest tightens, my eyes begin to water and I cannot help but break down in their welcoming open arms.

" Shh Y/n/n. It's okay I promise. You're okay." They stroke my hair and rub my back, trying and comfort me as I am sobbing on their arm, far away from stopping.

For about five more minuets into my cry, I start to calm down. Now just laying in their comforting arms as my world starts to rebuild and regain my composure.

" I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. I pushed him away. He probably hates me right now and I can't blame him if he does. I'm an awful daughter."

"Hey don't say that. You are a great daughter and Tony is so lucky to have you. He doesn't hate you and he never could hate you."

I look up to see the wonderful person that has been there for me in life when others couldn't. I am so lucky to have them yet I never show it. I truly am awful to my family.

" No, I was the one who stomped on his feelings and stopped talking to him. I am the one who is refusing to look in his direction when I leave this room. I am also the one who overreacted to when he told Pietro the truth about my mother before he told his own daughter. If you see the pattern I am the fault of all of this and I am shutting my family out and they probably hate me." Then, the tears started again. Not as bad. But still crying like a baby. 

"Sweetie no one hates you. Your dad loves you, Pietro loves you, the rest of the Avengers love you. You can't be this hard on yourself." There was a slight pause in the points they were making. " You got one trait from your dad that is showing a lot right now."

"What is that?"

" You both are very hard headed."

"What is that supposed to mean!?" 

" Right here's an example. Why don't you instead of mopping in your room, you go and have a conversation with Tony. You know, a heart to heart." They present this option and I am a little hesitant. I mean, as stupid I am being over all of this, I should make it right between us. 

"Okay, first off I'm not going to take that personally. Two, I suppose you are right about this. After all this is all my fault and I should be thankful for everything he has done for me instead of ignoring him. I need to make this right with everyone. I need my life back. Thank you so much. I will make this right." As I begin to walk to the door I glance at the clock. 11:46 pm.

"Maybe in the morning." I walk towards my pajama drawer and pick out a t-shirt and a pair of black shorts. I start for the bathroom passing my guest on the way. 

"Y/n,"  The bathroom door closes.

"Y/n!" Shirt: Changed

"Y/n M/n Stark! You will come out of that bathroom in three seconds or else."

Shorts are on.

"One" My teeth are brushed.

"Two" I finally give in and exit the bathroom.

I walk out to see an amused Pietro in the door way and a slightly irritated yet amused family member with their arms crossed over their chest.

Pietro walks over to me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"This is why I love you." Pietro says before kissing my forehead. I simply respond with a smile and get out of his arms. I start to walk to mine and Pietro's bed and open the covers.

"I want to talk to dad. I really do. But it's almost midnight and he needs sleep and is probably already asleep. So, I will do this in the morning." Two figures walk towards me as I am sitting in my bed.

"Y/n. Tony has not properly slept in roughly nineteen years. He is always up in his lab or just doing something. All I know is that he really wants and needs to see you and talk to you right now."

"Okay." I get out of my bed, walk past my two current support systems and walk to my dad's lab.

~~~

Dad is hard at work pacing around and writing on a notebook. Inside the lab, he is working on a new piece of technology. As soon as I see him start to slow down his work, I walk into the door way and knock on the door frame.

He looks up from his screen expecting someone different. Once he sees me in the door frame the tears start to well up in both of our eyes. Within seconds I run up to him and engulfed him in a long needed hug. I never knew how much I need my dad in my life until he wasn't.

" Dad I'm so sorry I pushed you away for all this time. I was just clouded with the whole thing with mom and HYDRA I was just angry and sad. I was so lost when it came to mom's situation. I know that is not an excuse and you just probably hate me now. I can't have that because I love you and can't live without you again."

"Oh Y/n, I could never hate you. You are my baby. I'd trade my life for yours. I should have never lied to you about your mother. I was just scared and at the end of the day, I never wanted to think that HYDRA would do anything to you. Then when it did happened, I didn't know what to do with myself. For those fourteen years I was not myself. When I finally got you back, I knew I needed to tell you about them. I never meant for you to find out that way."

The two of us sat and talked about the past six months until four thirty in the morning. We were about to end our conversation because we were both falling asleep when the other was talking when dad received a text message that caught my eye.

I'm leaving now for my fight. I'll be there soon. Sent 4:35am

"Dad who is this?" I picked up his phone and showed him the screen.

" Oh No! You weren't supposed to see that. I have a surprise for you and that just spoiled it. So, go to sleep and you'll see in the day."

"Okay fine. See you tomorrow."

~~~

I woke up to the sun shining in from the window. I look to the side to see an empty side of the bed with ruffled sheets indicating that Pietro had been there not that long ago. I look over at the clock to see that I have gotten seven hours of sleep. Not too shabby for my recent sleeping track record. I stretch out, walk out of my room and into the hallway going go the kitchen.

When I get to the kitchen I hear talking from my dad and Pietro. But someone else as well. As soon as I get farther into the kitchen I see...

"Oh my gosh."