Chapter 14 ~ Tin Man

Its a new day here in Avengers Tower. Glass from most of the windows from the inside of the tower are shattered. Furniture is in different places then it was pre-attack. And most of all, the team is shaken up. Everyone is trying to process the events of Ultron.

I wake up with the sun shining through the windows of my room. Swinging my legs over the side of my bed, I stand up and walk over to the windows. The curtains are slightly parted. The city is full this morning. People walking and talking, usual traffic, some may call this chaos but you call it home. Although it has not been long, it is still home. I turn around and start walking towards the door. Ready to start the day.  

Walking down the stairs of the tower trying to find a way not to either slip and fall on the broken glass or trying not to just cut your feet on the glass scattered on the floor is quite the challenge. It is as if you were in a Mission: Impossible movie but the whole movie is on ice. But the ice has a layer of razor blades on the top of it. Graphic, yes. Once in the clear of most shard of glass, I  go to find dad. 

"Hey dad." Snapping him out of his daze, he responds. "Hey your up. How are you feeling?" 

" Good I guess. Just a lot on my mind. "

" What is it?" Its nice that he is making an effort to fix my racing mind but, not yet.

" I don't want to talk about it right now." He looks hurt as I finish my statement. 

~timeskip~

"Barton, might have something." Steve says to Clint. 

"Gotta go." Clint says into the phone. Facing towards a wall.

"Who's that?"

"Girlfriend" 

The two walk into the room where the rest or the Avengers are sitting. Steve hands Thor the tablet. "What's this?" Tony asks. Thro examines the tablet with much confusion. " A message. Ultron killed Strucker." Steve replies. Thor hits Tony with the tablet in annoyance. " And he did a banks at the crime scene." Tony replies. 

" This is a smoke screen. Why send a message when you just been heard?"  Nat says

" Strucker knew something Ultron wanted us to miss. " Steve adds 

" I'm sorry but, why does the tin man want to kill us? What does he want again?" I ask

"Tin man?" Thor questioned under his breath. "Seriously, you don't know?" I say. I look around the room. " I do. I understood that reference." Steve contributes timidly. I look to my right at my dad. He and his world famous eye roll are really making all if this better. "God damnit Rogers, again? " He asks

" Hey guys can we get back to work here please?" Nat yells. Everyone attempts to get back on track while Thor is still stuck on the Tin man statement. 

" Yep, everything we had on Strucker has been removed." 

Steve says " Not everything." Everyone looked at each other and headed toward boxes.

" Yeah, I'm still here and not one will answer my questions." I look around to see them not caring. Everyone keeps going about to find out about Strucker. " I get it guys. Good talk. "