Chapter 9 ~ Back Home

Tony's pov

"Guys, stop we got to talk this through." All the guys were down by now and it is finally to me to bring my daughter home. Oh, and get the scepter too. I get to the room with four or so screens around me and start gathering my information on a flash drive.

"Hey J, give me an IR scan of the room."

"On the wall to your left. I'm reading steal reinforcement." I walk over "please be a secret door please be a secret door...yay" The door opens and I walk to the room with Loki's scepter.

When I get into the room, I start looking around the room. I see the scepter.

"Thor, I got eyes on the prize." Just as I said that, the Chitauri starts flying at me. It flies above my head. I look down and see the team. Laying there. So.....Lifeless. Hulk starts convulsing, Natasha laying there cold, Clint just sitting there ready to shoot and arrow. But, he can't. Then, Thor with his hammer about a foot away from his hand. Cap's shield is broken in half. How? It's vibranium! Then I see him. Laying there. Finally, oh my gosh. Y/n. How could I let this happen to her?! I rush over to find a pulse. Her body jumps as her hand makes it to my arm. I jump back from the sudden movement.

"How could you let this happen? I thought you loved us......" Her shaky breath sends chills up my spine.Then blood ran from her nose. Tears well up in my eyes. Really, how could I let this happen? They are my team. We are a team. And I failed them. All of them. Even my daughter which I did not even see for fourteen years. I look up at the ceiling to see six more Chitauri's above me. I quickly snap out of it and turn around. To see the Chitauri skeleton sitting there. Mocking me. That's it, I've had enough. I reach out my right hand as my suit arm comes to me and attaches to my body. I walk over to the scepter and just take it. I then make my way out of this place. Back on the Quinjet. When I step on the Quinjet, I hear a very familiar voice. It was different then when I have heard it before.

"Dad?"

Y/n's pov

(going on at the same time as Tony's pov)

I'm placed in the Quinjet by Uncle Steve. He gives me a kiss on the head and heads back out.

- Tiny timeskip-

For the last twenty minutes I have been crying. I'm a mess. I can't process what just happened. I thought this would be is good. Why does he not see that?! My thoughts are interruptedby Natasha helping Clint into the jet.

"Here Clint sit he- OMG Y/N YOUR HERE!!" Natasha sets down Clint and engulfs me into a hug. " Hi. Yeah I'm so glad to be going home." I say as I wipe my face of any trace of crying. Natasha steps back examining me. "What's wrong?" I look around nervously. " Umm what. Nothing. I'm fine." She looks at me with the 'stop lying to me' face. I whisper , "I'll tell you later back at home." She nods her head and runs the top of my back.

-mini timeskip-

Everyone except for my dad was now on the Quinjet. I had been hugging people for the last half hour almost. I look over at Thor to see him looking sad. "Thor what's the matter?" He looks up from the ground and says " I can no longer call you little lady Y/n. What do I do now?" Me and the rest of the team break out into a hysterical laughter. "What, what is funny about that?" Clint tries to calm himself down. "Ah, that is the only thing you are thinking of right now?"
 The laughter finally dies down and the sound of metal hits the floor of the Quinjet. 

"Dad?" I ask as I get up from where I was sitting. As soon as I get up and my dad's face lights up. I quickly run over to him and engulf him into a hug. I start to cry a little. " I have missed you so much." He says. He ends the hug and holds your hands " For fourteen years I have looked for you. I have never stopped." He ends with a smile and hugs me again. Mid way through the hug I hear Natasha say, " So, I guess I don't matter do I?" I step away and go over to her and hug her too. "Oh, yeah Natasha also helped with this." He says. We then take off for the Stark Tower. 

                    Time to go back home.