Chapter 20~ Getting the Cradle

Steve, Natasha, Clint, and I were on our way to Seoul in the Quinjet. We left right from Clint's house. Bruce and my dad are somewhere, I am not sure where. I think they said something about getting a needle in the biggest hay stack? 

As I am staring out the window I can hear footsteps coming next to me. I look to my left to see Steve has sat down next to me.

"Hey, you okay? You seem off lately. Ever since Wakanda you seem like something is eating you alive. You know you can talk to me right, I would never judge you or tell someone who you don't want to know." I can the genuine concern in his voice.

" Yeah, I'm okay for now. I don't want to talk about it right now. It's nothing against you, just not right now. Everyone will find out sooner or later." I say with a weak smile. Just then Clint speaks up.

"Okay we're here."

"Everybody copy that?" Steve asks getting up from next to me. All of the sudden he jumps out the back of the jet. 

"This dude is seriously going to die one of these days from that." 

"We got a private jet taking off across town. No manifest. That could be him" As Natasha is saying all of this, a truck with the lab logo is going on the loop by the bridge. 

"There it is. On the loop." I say pointing the truck out so Clint could relay the message to Steve. I finally get my comm to start working when I hear.

"Negative. If that gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron." Oh lordy this should be fun. All we hear through our comms is a loud crash, the sound of a beam being shot, and the sound of metal dragging on the pavement. 

"Well he's defiantly unhappy. I'm gonna try and keep him that way."

"You're no match for him Cap." Clint says with a stone cold expression.

"Dang Barton that was mean." I say under my breath. I head to the back of the of the jet and when the latch opens I jump out onto the highway and start running the other way of the truck. 

I reach where the truck should be approaching in about two or so minuets. "I'm here what now?" Just as I say that the truck is heading right towards me. I run out of the way just as the is about to hit me but it never ends up close to me. Instead it is being lifted off the ground by robots that are like a mini Ultron. " Is that normal?" As soon as I think that I am in the clear a robot comes charging at me and blasts me in to the moving train behind me. "Ouch" I stand up and get thrown back by an all too familiar blue blur. "Seriously" I mumbled as I stand up to see both Wanda and Pietro fighting against Ultron. Well that's new. Just then Ultron jumps out of train. 

"Do you have eyes on Nat?" Clint says 

"If you have the cradle, get it to Stark. GO!" 

"Civilians in our path." Pietro picks me up like the old days drops me off father ahead and I start rebuilding the city around me.

 Attention seeking? Yes. Did I care? No. Does the city need to be saved? Without a doubt. And that is why we are here. We need to protect anything and anyone from destruction that is within our reach. 

As I start to put the city back together, the train crashes through another building. "If the train would stop that would make my life so much easier."  

"We're doing the best we can." Steve yells 

I see the train whoosh by me and it is starting to slow down. The train eventually stopped leaving all the civilians to get out. Pietro is doubled over breathing heavily. Wanda walks over to her older brother and placed a hand on his back. "I'm fine." He says as he sits down on the barrel behind him. 

"I'm very tempted not to give you it." Steve says approaching the twins.

"The cradle, did you get it?"

"Stark will take care of it." 

"No he won't..." Okay now I'm getting pissed again. She thinks she knows all about my dad. Well, she's got another thing coming. I-. "He will do anything to make things right. "She continues on. 

I walk away from the group "Dad. Dad? Dad come in. Anyone on comms? " 

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?"