Chapter 25 ~ You scared me

Once back at the tower, Y/n lays in the hospital wing, still unconsios from her fall. Tony and Pietro have not left her side for three days. They are starving but won't even recognize that because they are so worried about Y/n.

"Hey speedy I think we should eat some lunch. It's not healthy for us to go days without eating. So let's go." A very tired Tony says to Pietro as she rubs the tiredness out of his eyes.

"No no, I can't leave. You can get some food, I need to be here when she wakes up. I-"

"As much as I want to like you, you think you are the only one who is hurt by this? Well you are mistaken. You will not know the pain I feel right now until you have a child of your own and they are unconsios for days. Oh and on top of that, you don't see them for fourteen years. So, please just go get some food and then we can come back here."

Pietro sheepishly nods his head, and the two of them walk to the kitchen to get some food.

The whole time they were eating, they both got lost in thought. Once Tony snapped out of daze, he looks at Pietro who has a look of regreat all over his face.

"Why the sad face Maximoff? You need some air, let's take a walk." Tony says standing up and pushing in his chair. "Lets go out I need to show you something." Then they start walking towards the garage.

~~

The two go to a big building upstate. There is a big A on the top, the same A that symbolizes the Avengers.

"Where are we?" Pietro asks Tony as the garage of the building opens and he keeps driving through the garage with a smile on his face.

"This is our new home."

"Wha-"

"You are the first to know speedy. The Avengers are relocating. We will be living here from now on. There are rooms for everyone here. It's the start of a new life here." He ended with a smile and put his hand on Pietro's shoulder.
" I see the way you look at my daughter.  I can tell you love her. She obviously feels the same. Care to explain?  I mean what is there not to like about you. You are obviously good to her, you have a nice accent, you have powers. What is your MO? What makes you like my daughter? Why have you been so attached to her bed these past few days?"

Pietro gives a sigh and a small chuckle. " When I went to HYDRA she was already through the ringer. However, she never failed to cheer me up. Whenever we would train together, she would always reassure me that we woukd make it out of there one day. That her family would come and get her and she would make my sister and I part of the family. Y/n told me the next time I saw her that we needed to build the trust of Strucker so our escape would be easier. After that day, she just made my heart race. I knew I loved her from then. The day you and the Avengers came to the rescue, Y/n was trying to get us to come with her. But, I was blinded by my family trama and Wanda and I left her and we stayed in Sokovia."

"I hate to cut you off but what trama? Tony asks getting to the bottom of Pietro's story.

" Well... when Wanda and I were ten, we were at dinner and one of your bombs collapsed our apartment building. We were so blind sided by the fact that she was tour daughter that we never wanted to see her when she left with you. Everyday it hurt me to not have her by my side. But, deep down I knew that this is what she had always wanted. To have her family back."

Tony looks at the floor knowing that he had struck a nerve.

"Then when I finally saw her again I was so sad that it made me angry. I knew she was happy. She even told me once again to come with her back to New York. But, once again I was too stubborn. Now, let's skip to Sokovia. My number one goal was to protect her. I would take two thousand bullets for her if it meant that she was safe. And I did. Except she was so selfless she had to come and save me. Then, when I went to save her it was too late." Tears start to stream down Pietro's face. "I am the reason she is in that bed." Tony brought Pietro in for a short consouling hug.

"I'm sorry. I had no idea." Tony said to Pietro as he is wiping his tears away. " I need you to do something for me. "

Pietro looks up at him with wide eyes. "Anything Mr.Stark. What do you need?"

"Take care of my daughter." All Pietro can do is smile. "You love her a lot and I am one hundered percent sure she feels the same. That is why I got a room for you to share. Keep it PG though Maximoff. I am not afraid to make you sleep in the garage." Tony said ending with his famous smile.

"I love her just as much as you do. I will do what I can to make the happiest she can be."

" That is what I like to hear. Now, let's get back to the tower." 

~~
Y/n's POV

My head is pounding and my arms and legs feel numb. I open my eyes slowly to see my dad and Pietro in two seats next to the bed I am in.

"Dad?" I say in a groggy voice. Both Tony and Pietro look at me with shock and worry.

"Hi hunny. You're up. You scared me a lot. How are you feeling?"

"I'm in a lot of pain. Quick question. Did we win? Is Ultron taken care of?"

"Yeah, we are all good. Nothing to worry about." Tony finishes then stands up to reveal Pietro behind him.

"Hey Pietro! Are you feeling okay? I was so worried about you."

"I could say the same princessa. I have never been so worried."

Tony then takes a seat next to the bed again.

"Y/n, why did you run back when we were going home? What did you need to get that was so important to you?"

"Well dad," I lifted my arm to him showing the bracelet again. Just as I did on the Quinjet.

" It fell off my wrist when I was healing Pietro. I noticed it was off when we got to the boat. I needed to go back for it."

" But why Y/n? Why does a bracelet mean so much to you?" Pietro asks from the side of the bed.

"Its all I have left from her."

"Who?"

My dad chimes in before I could answer. "Her mother."