Chapter 1 ~ Why me?

My face hit the floor before my hands could catch me. The floor was cold and uneven. The walls around me were grey with occasional cracks in the cement blocks. The bed in the left corner of the room has two springs popping out from the mattress. Well that's safe.

I should tell you how I got here. My name is Y/n Stark. I  am, I think 14. Let me explain. I was taken by HYDRA when I was 4 years old.

~Flashback~  

"Okay kiddo. Time for bed." Tony says to his daughter as she climbs into her bed.

"Hey daddy, can you read me a bedtime story?" Tucked under  the Disney princess blankets in bed. Her dad went to her side with three books. 

" Yeah Y/n which one? Would you like Sleeping Beauty?"   She nodded her head no. 

" I didn't think so, you are already me sleepy beauty. So what else? Snow White? No huh? What else do we have here..... Alice in Wonderland?" 

"No, I mean when you fight the bad guys. What about that? You go with Steve, Tasha, and  Clint, right?"

" Did I hear my name in that sentence?" The red head stood in the door way, arms folded over her chest.

"Tasha!" The girl sits up in her bed and holds out her arms. The red headed former Russian spy comes running over to the four year olds bed.

" Natasha! Y/n needs to go to sleep." Tony whined.

" I just wanted to see my favorite niece before bed. Is it that harmful Stark?"

" Oh no, not at all. I was just about to tell her the story of  when we go to fight crime." She looks up at her dad and aunt bickering as she yawns and tries to get comfortable.

" Why don't you just read me Sleeping Beauty. " Y/n closed her eyes and snuggle into her pillow.

" Aww, look what you did Nat, you made her tired and now Y/n doesn't want me to tell her a story. "

" Daddy ,it's okay you can tell me a story tomorrow night. I'll be waiting for a story though.  Promise?"

"Of course I promise sweetheart. I would never break a promise with you. Now, it's time for bed. So, Nat say goodnight to Y/n."

Natasha reaches down to her niece and gives her a big hug.

"Goodnight Y/n. I'll see you tomorrow morning. I will tell the others that you said goodnight okay?"  A smile spread across both of their faces as Natasha got up.

" Okay thank you Tasha. Goodnight. See you tomorrow." 

"Well Nat, it's my turn. So, you will see her tomorrow. Can I say goodnight now please?"  Tony whined  while Nat got up and walked out of  the door with a wave to Y/n. Tony walked over to his daughters bed and gave her a kiss on the forehead .