10. •Δ Surprise Visitor Δ•

Start from the beginning

Two Days

Two Days. Two freaking days and I am still thinking about Arianna. She is safe in that potential warzone. I know it because I have been stalking the Instagram she has for the cafe. Not for herself, just the cafe. If anything unfortunate had happened she wouldn't post a picture of a cake batter, right. If this keeps happening, my father will snatch away my position and give it to Liam's minions. Those bastards even have eyes on the sandwich I eat in the cafeteria. I can't keep doing this, I need a distraction.

Turning down Veronica's offer to become 'friends with benefits' seems like the biggest mistake of my life right now. She is a great girl and I just didn't wanna ruin the friendship I had with her. Finding another girl at the club right now would be too much of a risk. If I get caught by the paparazzi now, It will give us negative publicity later since I am supposed to get married soon. I loosen up the top buttons of my dress shirt, feeling uncomfortable in my own skin at the mere idea of cheating on Arianna. When I first told her that our affairs should remain a secret and we mustn't rub in each other's faces but I know for a fact that I won't able to do it and somehow I know it will be the same with her.

I wave a dismissive hand toward Mrs. Grifin to go home when the coast is clear for her, being the corridors clear of Liam's minions sniffing around on her so they could find some dirt on me.

Not doing anything productive anyway I decided to hit the gym. My gym trainer might refuse to recognize me now. My workload has been wearing me out, I haven't been there in months and my home workout was not enough.

As I walk into the gym, people give me a strange look or maybe they are just looking and it's my insecurity that's making me feel this way. My mood lit up when the MMA fighter gave me a chin lift as he was leaving after hitting the gym's shower. The hours before are always reserved for them. My mood instantly soured when another one of them eyed my bicep. My 16 inched biceps looked lanky in front of their big guns. There was a time when I used to work out with them, giving them a decent fight before they knocked me out.

*****

I overdid it. There were signs when I felt the burn on my shoulders, then another one when I had to freeze in one position as I feared my fingers would break into pieces if I uncurled them from the dumbbell too quickly. And the time when my body screamed to let go of the cable curl and get out of there. Every muscle in my body is throbbing and some places I can't comprehend in this condition, are numb. It was my ego that kept me from losing my consciousness at the gym because girls were around there too. However, this is happening because of one certain green-eyed girl. When I was running on the treadmill -forgetting the judgemental eyes of the fighters- glancing at the mirror in front of me her eyes looked back at me. I almost lost my balance at that, when I closed my eyes, I saw her and that look on her face when she was checking out my biceps while I was driving her back. She was really bad at veiling her expressions.

Those eyes doomed me today. When my trainer came to help with the weight training, I lied that I have been doing all the routines at home. But in reality, I only ran on my treadmill at home. They should add one more person to the famous saying 'Never lie to your doctor, lawyer and gym trainer'.