Chapter Fifty One

“Are you mad that they’ll be there?” Theo asked me as I paced around the bedroom.

Stopping, I glanced at him and then began to pace again. “No, I told him they’re welcome to see their son get married. If they didn’t accept I was in his life then they know that they’re not welcome to be here today.”

Never in my wildest dreams did I expect that I would be marrying a werewolf today. Technically, we were already married but a proper wedding. It was a dream. Everything felt so surreal, too perfect almost.

I was waiting for the pin to drop, and something bad happen but it hadn’t.

Maybe today, was going to be the way I had always dreamt about. Perfect and amazing.

I didn’t have a maid of honour, or even a bridesmaid. I didn’t need one, no one here was friendly enough with me to be asked and Theo wouldn’t look very nice in dress. He was going to stand beside Judd, well once he left the room. He had been making sure I was doing ok.

“Can you tell Judd not to shave completely? I like the stubble,” I smiled, walking to the dress hanging beside the mirror.

“Alright, well I’m going to head off and I will see you in two hours. There are wolves all around, don’t bother trying to do a runner either. You won’t get away,” he teased and leant forwards, his hand against my shoulder as he placed a soft kiss to my cheek. “Don’t stress, you’ll look beautiful and my brother will make it known I’m sure.”

“Thankyou Theo. Give Judd a kiss for me,” I breathed out, relaxing a little.

“Uh no thanks. Considering he just fucked you less than,” checking his watch, “thirty minutes ago. I’m good and so is he. Distance makes the heart grow fonder or some shit, I wouldn’t know.”

I slapped his arm with a laugh, “Ok, leave please!”

Theo left and I began to undress. I had a gorgeous dress to try and squeeze into. Ok, that’s a lie. The dress wasn’t fitted or covered in lace. It was different to what I had imagined myself wearing, but once I seen the photo online. I was in love.

A beautiful light grey colour, gathering and ruching around the bust, it was flowy and whimsical. Sewn in flowers around the top, it couldn’t be more perfect. I think I loved it for the fact that it didn’t make me look fat or like a round balloon. My silhouette seen from behind, but my pregnant belly on display at the front. The wild flowers I had sitting on the bed, bright purples, reds and pinks along with bright green stems. They were just as pretty. My shoes weren’t the heels I wanted to wear, unfortunately, my fat little piggy toes wouldn’t fit, so I was wearing a pair of pale pink ballet flats.

There was something different about this wedding, I had envisioned that I’d be getting my hair and makeup done, but I was doing it all myself. Fitting in with this town, my hair left out in a natural curl and makeup simply done with a gloss lip. Even my jewellery wasn’t over the top.

Mostly I was looking forward to seeing Judd. Him in a suit, oh my god. He was wearing a three piece charcoal coloured tux with a white shirt. Holy hell, he was going to look damn fine.

A knock against the door and I stilled. Her perfume wafting underneath my nose frightened me slightly. “Yes?” I asked.

“May we come in?” His mother spoke back, sounding hesitant. “Just for a couple of minutes, please?”

“Sure,” I replied back, turning to face the door as it opened.

Susan was almost in tears as her and Judd’s father walked in. Both looking nervous and anxious. Neither of them said anything, right away. We all just stood, awkwardly and it was a wonder Judd hadn’t burst through the doors.