Chapter Twenty One

Judd hadn’t come in and bothered me since my embarrassing storm off. He could hear all my thoughts and probably feel the disgust I felt about myself in this moment.

Making his mother submit, it was humiliating to even think about. I wanted to erase the memory and never have it return. I had heard her leaving around an hour ago, Judd and her talking but I ignored it all.

Sleep wouldn’t overtake me.

“Elle, baby can I come in?” Judd asked with a soft knock against our bedroom door.

I sighed and rolled facing away from the door, “If you want,” I replied quietly, knowing he’d hear me even if I whispered out a yes.

He entered the room and I felt the bed dip. Warm arms wrapped around my waist and he kissed the base of my neck. “It wasn’t your fault, please don’t do this. I can feel you hating yourself.”

“I do hate myself. First your brother, now my mother in law. Judd why am I getting so mad for? I don’t like it. I don’t want to yell or make your family get down on their knees,” I said through soft sobs, rolling over and wrapping my body around his as I cried harder.

I hated myself like crazy right now.

“I don’t know Elle, maybe you’re just getting your period,” he sighed.

My eyes widened. “I’m sorry, what did you just say? Did you blame my girl thing on my freak outs?”

Laughing, he shook his head. “No. Absolutely not, I don’t know what it is babe. You’re not burning up or anything, otherwise I’d think you were changing but I’d be able to sense that immediately.”

“I won’t turn into a wolf right?” oh god, that would scare the utter daylights out of me.

“No baby. You’re not, it’s just having someone attack your mate verbally. My mother can get slightly controlling and used to that power over us normally. She’s got to understand that I’m mated, and needs to back off. She would have acted the same way if another wolf spoke to my father the same way,” he leant over and placed another kiss to my skin.

“She doesn’t hate me?” I asked, almost too afraid to hear the answer.

“She adores you. I promise, if she didn’t like you then you’d know about that by now.”

Sighing to myself. “If you say so.”

A calmness washed over me, and I lifted my head to see Judd watching me. His face expressionless, but I couldn’t miss the love in his eyes. “Elle. My Luna, you’re experiencing new emotions.” Judd shifted upwards slightly, his back laying into the pillows pushed up against the bedhead. My head, resting in his lap as I stared up at him. Long lean fingers calming me more as he stroked them through my hair and over my forehead. “Beautiful girl, you haven’t upset anyone as much as you assume.”