Chapter Seven

I set the table in silence then dished dinner up. It wasn't a nice feeling to know Judd was mad with me. Not that I knew for sure, but still. I didn't enjoy this silence between us. He'd been up in the room for over an hour. In that time, I managed to get a hold of Timothy and spoke to him about putting the house Justin left me on the market.

That conversation was hard at first. He found a set of keys in my desk draw and was going to stop by the place tomorrow to take photos. I didn't care how must it was listed for. I just didn't want to live in there or be assorted with him anymore.

Moving on, it was what needed to be done. With work, I couldn't give a time frame as to when I would be going back. Filling my boss in on all the details of my broken down car in a town far away from the city, he laughed and told me to take all the leave I had piled up and then let him know if he needed to start finding a replacement.

The idea of going back to the city, leaving Judd behind. It hurt my heart.

Hesitantly, I tackled the stairs and when I got to the very last one I was out of breath. Hesitating before I pushed open the door, I walked in and looked around the room. Judd nowhere to be seen but I heard the shower running.

I noticed the window open and walked over, closing it down my eyes noticed a slight muddy print on the floorboard. Bending down, I tried to figure out what it was, but even too smudged. I couldn't make it out. Hmm, weird. I turned and left the room. Not wanting to bother him.

I'd felt so couped up in this house, I ended up taking my phone and venturing through the back door, the door closed with a thud and I walked out over to a seat against the house. Sitting down, I put my legs up and stared out into the paddocks. So many tree's and bush surround his property.

Jumping when the door flung open, Judd appeared wearing nothing but his sweats lowly hung around his waist. His chest heaving heavily as he spotted me. "I thought you had left."

"No, but I think I should. I can walk and I know my car isn't in-" I started, rambling on and on.

His hand clamped over my mouth, "Shut up. For five seconds, please just stop talking and listen to me."

"Fine," I mumbled once his palm had moved away.

"You're not going anywhere, I told you I would get your car fixed and that is what I plan on doing. I have a house which you're most welcome to stay in, for as long as you need," he said sterner towards the end.

Taking the phone from my hands, he pulled me up on his lap and held me in his arm. "You're mad at me."

"No. I'm not angry at you," he corrected. "That fucker you were so in love with, the way he spoke to you pissed me off."

Oh. So his super sensitive hearing had kicked in again. Time to spill my feelings, "He has a child with another woman. I've got no idea who the boy is, he's around five and I had no idea he even had a son until I found the photos on his computer. When I confronted him, he denied it and called me crazy, that I imagined it. I have amazing memory, I didn't forget those photos. She was in them as well, family fucking portraits. Then the day before I left town, he told me I was the other woman and left me. Seriously Judd, can you believe what kind of man would do that? I feel sick to even think about it. No idea if he's married or not, but to say I'm the other woman and he done it in public with a smug look across that pathetic face. I don't even know what to think, I never got any answers to anything and he doesn't see the problem. He's so selfish. I mean seriously, how fucking stupid could I have been! I am so mad, at him at myself and now he talks to me like I'm in the wrong. Texting and demanding I return home. I didn't do anything wrong, three years wasted on an asshole that didn't care," Judd went to talk but I couldn't stop, I needed to get all of this out of my system. It was helping me, venting to him felt so damn good. "He proposed, no it's not even classed as a proposal because if it was then he would have gotten down on one knee and had a ring and asked, not told me I was to marry him. I deserve to be asked. Yes, I'm that girl who wants the romance and the ring on my finger. Also, I have three brothers who haven't even noticed I packed my things and took off in the middle of the night. Yet, here I am. Staying with a man who I know nothing about and all I want to do is fuck him like I'm dying," I scoffed with a laugh. "I can't control myself around you and that pisses me off. Yet, for the first time I'm happier than I've ever been."