Chapter Forty Eight

“Luna? You really want all of that?” A voice asked, incredulously as if they hadn’t believed I could eat all that.

“Well I don’t think she wants to fucking look at it, do you?” he grumbled, coming closer. His voice sending a hot flush throughout my body. I could feel his eyes on the back of my head, I didn’t need to be looking at him to see his gaze on me. He was pissed, and everyone knew it.

My mouth parted, tongue swept out as I went to speak nervously. “I’m-”

“Elle. Ute. NOW!” Judd's thunderous voice snarled. His eyes on the small group of women, but his order directed straight at me.

I was only too happy to oblige. Feeling all the women's eyes on mine. I fumbled up out of my chair, about to thank them for the shower when Judd actually gave me a command.

“Don't even think about it. They don't deserve your words!”

“Judd. We we're just offering some advice,” Susan said quite calmly.

My eyes lifted up and I almost burst into tears. Judd had come, wearing a nice pair of black jeans and light grey button down shirt. His hair done to the side neatly, and face freshly shaven. I don’t think I could have felt anymore happier to see him standing there. 

“I know exactly what this is, and that’s really disappointing mother,” he glared. “This was an ambush, not a party to celebrate your future Alpha. It was to intimidate her into being like you, a robot.”

His mother’s eyes widened, “Judd, don’t you talk to me that way. We’ve been this way for years, and you can’t fault us for that. I was trying to help.”

“I happen to adore the way Elle is. For her to change, it doesn’t appeal to me.”

“We’re not asking her to change, it’s just advice from one Luna to another,” Susan said. “Surely you understand?”

As I passed Judd, he didn't make any motion to move or look at me. When I was in the ute, sitting and trying not to cry, it what then he answered his mother's question.

My entire body jumped in fright at the tone of his voice. “Advice? What a crock of shit! I could smell the fear radiating from her body miles away and you will address me as your Alpha! I am the Alpha and Elle is your Luna! Yet again, you women try to intimidate my mate and mother, you’re not the Luna anymore. You do not stand by my side. You’re behind me with everyone else in this pack!” 

I was sure everyone in this small town was going to know that the Alpha was well and truly pissed off more than ever. He’d yell, rant and rave but never to the extent of how angry he was right now. All I could do was sit and listen.

“You all have nothing to say for yourselves?” he didn’t ask. He demanded.

Silence. 

“I thought it was the teenagers who were in need of discipline. Apparently not. I'm going to stand here all day if it takes that long and think of the one thing that would have you all begging for forgiveness.”

Silence.

“I could ban you from cooking, but I need my pack men fed and strong. I don't give a shit about sewing, or your hair," he spat out mockingly. “Wait a minute,” now sounding more amused, which meant he'd thought of something cruel and that would send them into a flurry. “Since you're so eager to have the Luna living your way, you all are going to live in the new century.”

A gasp, Alpha, what does that mean?”

Oh these poor women. This was probably the one thing they’d never expect to do.