Chapter Thirty Four

“Wait,” Judd spoke up. “Why did you do it?” he asked.

“She put our Alpha in danger, she a filthy human,” she said, glancing over towards me. “She doesn’t deserve you.”

Judd scoffed, almost rolling his eyes. “Oh for fuck sake. She didn’t put me in any danger. She saved my fucking life.”

“But-” the girl went to interrupt him.

Shaking his head, he pointed back to the glass. “Drink it. Now!”

My eyes were glued to the girl, gasping for her breath as she dropped the glass. It shattered all over the floor, and the entire time I was sitting there thinking. What if I had drank that? I’d be suffocating, and dying right in front of everyone and Judd wouldn’t be able to do anything but watch in horror.

I didn’t realise tears were leaking down my cheeks until Susan pulled me closer against her. Placing a kiss against my temple. “Look away dear, it’ll only hurt more.”

My eyes went to others around the diner, all looking mortified at what was happening. When the girls strangled breathing stopped, no one dared to talk.

Her small body lay limp to the floor, unmoving and unbreathing. She was dead.

Judd slammed his fist hard down to the table of sitting teenagers, who were all crying. Three girls and one male looked absolutely mortified as he bent down, placing both hands to the bench top and eyeing them all.

“If any of you, had a play in this then I will fucking end your lives as well,” he snarled so low that my body shivered unintentionally.

“Yes Alpha,” they all responded together.

“Did you know what was in that drink?” he asked, growling and baring his teeth.

All four shook their heads furiously. “No, I swear I had no idea,” one redheaded girl answered through tears. “We didn’t know Alpha.”

“No shifting for a month, you’re to be in your homes each day after school and you will not leave. I will be checking daily, and I will pull your canines out if you dare disobey my order. You will be thrown out of this town and I will personally hunt you down and rip your fucking bodies apart! Do I make myself clear!” he thundered so loud, the tableware rattling.

“Yes Alpha.” All four replied.

He snarled, baring his teeth again. “Get out of my fucking sight, now!”

Standing tall, he watched them scurry off. Almost a blur as they bolted from the diner and down the streets. Everyone else, still sitting as their Alpha fumed and looked around at them.

“Another word about her, and I will fucking lose it! I’ve never been so fucking pissed in my life, my mate could have died and you’d be without a Luna. If I hear one goddamn more word about her then there’s no warnings, only harsh consequences will come!” Judd thundered, giving everyone a vicious look as they nodded silently.

He sat back down and his arms wrapped around my body tightly. Kissing and nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck, most likely to calm himself down.

“A pack meeting needs to be organised, you need to do something about these young women acting out,” Judd’s dad spoke up.

“I will. I won’t tolerate any more bullshit from anyone. Slipping Hydrochloric acid into the Luna’s drink was the final straw. You’d think after yesterday that people would be on high alert and warning that I’m not joking around when I say, disrespect the Luna and I will fucking end you!”