Chapter Ten

After walking no longer than ten minutes, my legs began to hurt.

He was following me, and yet he hadn't uttered a word to me. Not talking, doing exactly what I asked. Except following me, I should have known he would follow. He wasn't the type of man to give up. I just didn't know what he wanted from me.

Probably making sure I left town.

Coming to a stop, I had the choice of two ways to go. I hadn't a clue which way.

Judd's footsteps halted as he fell in sync beside me. Glancing down, he spoke. "Which way?"

I wanted to roll my eyes. He knew the way, but I wasn't letting him intimidate me. Without a word, I headed right and kept walking that way. He followed, keeping silent behind me.

My legs ached, I hadn't walked this much since I hiked back home and stayed out camping. Getting lost in the process. Most certain, that I was lost again. My pride wouldn't allow myself to ask the map behind me.

Soon, my pace slowed and I needed a break. Unable to stop, I kept going. Pushing through the pain. My tears had finally all dried up, my hair a mess and clothes feeling to hot and heavy. I hated this heat, I needed to feel the rain or water on my body. A shower, oh that would be amazing right now.

"You're going the wrong way," Judd said quietly, I had almost forgotten he was behind me he had been so silent.

"You don't know where I'm heading, I'm going the right way," I snapped.

Judd groaned. "You are heading back to my place, because everything you need is there. I know you're wanting a shower, and to eat and most likely sleep right now. Correct?"

I spun around, narrowing my eyes. "I didn't tell you to talk. Stop it. Stop following me!" I half yelled.

He laughed, "I told you I won't let you go. You think I'm going to let you take off without me around, then you've got another thing coming babe. I could have picked you up and flung you over my shoulder miles back and gotten us home in half the time. You're going in circles. We passed the same tree twice already."

"Bite me!" I then gave him the finger, childish but it felt good at the time.

"Telling a wolf to bite you, not a good idea. Especially when I've been trying not to bite you the entire time I've been with you," he smirked, stepping towards me he sighed. "Let me carry you, it's painful to see you hurting."

Shaking my head, I walked past him. "No. I don't want you to touch me with your filthy paws that have been all over her," I glanced over my shoulder and smiled. "Pun intended."

Without warning, my feet were off the ground and I was flung over Judd's shoulder. He held me firm in his grip and began to walk a complete opposite direction, towards some bushland. Not even twenty seconds and he walked through a clearing. My jaw practically dropped.

I slapped his back as I realised his house had been there this entire time. "You could have told me!"

"You weren't listening and I don't have time to walk around all day, not when we have a lot to clear up," he shrugged and walked up the back deck and kicked open the door. "We will talk, you will listen and hear everything I have to say without interruption. Do I make myself clear?" he said, taking the stairs two at a time.

I didn't answer.

He spanked my ass hard. "I asked a question. Answer me."

"Yes," I scowled.

With a soft thud, he sat me down on the bed and stepped backwards. Eyes roaming over mine then raking down my body. He turned and walked into his walk in robe, coming out moments later with clean clothing and placing them down beside me. Women's clothing.