Chapter Forty One

By noon Judd was back in the house and looking worse for wear, he stunk of booze and cigarettes. His eyes bloodshot as he walked straight towards me and pulled my body into his. I was sobbing in his mother’s arms. All for less than two minutes before my mate had charged through the house like a bat out of hell. 

I should have known once I began spilling to his mother that he’d be here. He most likely smelt her scent at our home. “He’s angry,” I whispered through tears.

“Don’t worry dear, he’s only angry with himself not you.” His mother whispered to me, he’d have heard her anyway. Freaking stupid wolf ears.

With a couple more sniffles, I asked. “How do you know that?”

Susan rubbed my back soothingly. “Because the moment he laid eyes on you, I could see his entire body breaking. He’s just good at hiding it for everyone else to see.”

My crying was interrupted by a thunderous voice, booming at the top of his lungs as he stormed up the stairs. “Get your fucking ass out of my house now! Five seconds before I pick you up and throw you out the goddamn window!”

Judd’s mother and I both locked eyes, my heart pounding as Maggie screamed back at him. “What is your problem?”

“You! You’re my fucking problem!”

“I don’t know what I’ve done, but you’re a serious pain in the ass!” Maggie shot back, stroming around. “I’m not going anywhere, I’m here visiting Elle!”

“She doesn’t fucking want you here! She’s just too bloody polite to say anything to you!” He roared, there was a loud thud and I froze, thinking he’d knocked her out. “Pack your shit and get out!”

Susan and I locked eyes as Maggie ran down the stairs, breathing heavily with a puff and pant. “Is it true?” she asked, her eyes now evily glaring at me. “You want me gone?”

Oh shit. I hated this kind of confrontation. I hated speaking up. “Yes,” I said with a tiny whisper as I stood. “I’m sorry.”

“Fuck you Elle. Fuck you!” she seethed, pointing her fingers into my chest. “I’m out of here!” My fingers lifted to where she had poked and I rubbed the spot gently. Wow, never seen that coming.

Nobody spoke a word as she threw her things around and packed them in her suitcase. Judd stood watching like a hawk, or wolf ready to catch it prey. He followed, ignoring her abuse as she stormed off downstairs and towards the front door. Her mouth opened to say something, but soon it snapped shut tightly.

All I could feel was instant regret when looking up at my mate whose eyes were now on mine.

“Daddy’s pissed,” I said with a mutter. Trying to break the thick tension in the room.

Judd cocked his head to the side and raked his eyes over my body, “Elle, if you want to call me daddy then at least wait until you’re on all fours and getting fucked hard.”

“Judd Xavier Camden! You watch your tongue young man!” Susan exclaimed, giving her son a scolding as she shook her head and took a step away from the kitchen table. “You speak to my daughter with some manners.”

Yeah, kind of forgot his mother was still in the room. I was definitely embarrassed now, god forbid she thinks I call him daddy during sex. That sent a shuddering cringe throughout my body.

“Yes mother,” Judd muttered, giving his right arm a rub. “Elle and I need to talk, do you mind leaving?”

After Judd’s mother left, I went and made myself a hot drink. He looked as if he could use a coffee or ten, so making him one as well then bringing it to the dining room where Judd was patiently waiting. He looked so tired and exhausted. I just wanted to kiss, and snuggle down in bed with him but we had matters to discuss, too important to sweep under the rug.